Dear Church Family,
In my readings I found these words to be a good reminder for all of us:
Some hold back in meeting because they have nothing new to say and must repeat the same story if they speak. I saw that pride was at the bottom of this, that God and angels witnessed the testimonies of the saints and were well pleased and glorified by their being repeated weekly. The Lord loves simplicity and humility, but He is displeased and angels are grieved when professed heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus suffer precious time to run to waste in their meetings.
If the brethren and sisters were in the place they should be, they would not be at a loss to find something to say in honor of Jesus, who hung upon Calvary’s cross for their sins. If they would cherish more of a realizing sense of the condescension of God in giving His only beloved Son to die a sacrifice for our sins and transgressions, and of the sufferings and anguish of Jesus to make a way of escape for guilty man, that he might receive pardon and live, they would be more ready to extol and magnify Jesus. They could not hold their peace, but with thankfulness and gratitude would talk of His glory and tell of His power. And blessings from God would rest upon them by so doing. Even if the same story were repeated, God would be glorified. The angel showed me those who ceased not day nor night to cry, “Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty.” “Continued repetition,” said the angel, “yet God is glorified by it.” Although we may tell the same story over and over, it honors God, and shows that we are not unmindful of His goodness and mercies to us.
White, E. G. (1882). Early Writings of Ellen G. White (pp. 115–116). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
- All Sabbath Schools will gather this Sabbath with the exception of Cradle Roll & Milton’s class which will not be meeting.
- Pastor Jared will be sharing the message this Sabbath. Please note that MASKS ARE REQUIRED for Sabbath school & church attendance.
- We hope to have Sabbath School & Church streamed via the church Facebook page. Please check this link Sabbath morning to see if a stream is available. Because of the damage to our a/v system, we can only offer poor audio quality so please be patient for the time being with the poor volume. The board will be looking at some recommendations this Monday at a proposal as to how this may be addressed.
- Our church finance committee and the board will meet this Monday evening via zoom at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. respectively.
- It’s time for us to assemble our pre-nominating committee who will seek to assemble and recommend to the church a nominating committee that reflects the diversity in our church. There will be an insert in this Sabbath’s bulletin that you may fill out or if you prefer to do so online, please click here to fill out a google form with 5 names you would recommend. Note that with the online form, we require your name and email so as to verify that it’s a member filling out the form. The form in the bulletin is anonymous. These forms must be turned in by Monday as they will be tabulated on Tuesday.
- Our Mid-Week Bible study will continue this Wednesday with another look at Romans chapter 5. Such an important chapter that has been misused by many to teach such notions as original sin. Indeed, this is an important study nad hope you can join us via zoom at 7p.m. this Wednesday.
- Our church camp out is just around the corner. Hope you are able to join us at Cades Cove. Elder Carl Ashlock will be our Sabbath morning speaker.
- GAA is now accepting donations. NOTE: NEW DROP OFF LOCATION is the school gym. You can drop it off Monday through Friday from 10-3. Please call 352-615-2462 prior to coming to confirm that someone will be there when you arrive.
- We have a new North American Division President, Alex Bryant. He formerly served as Secretary of the division. May God lead him in this new role.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath hours.
In His Service,