Dear Church Family,
We had a great time at this year’s church camp out. While it rained at night, the days were great and God blessed. At worship Sabbath evening I shared a handful of Scriptures that quickly establish our story as a remnant in history. It was requested I share the outline with you for easy reference so here goes.
- Revelation 10 – Here we find an Angel (Jesus) who has a little book that was closed but later opened. When it was eaten it was first sweet but then bitter. Question: What is the little book?
- Daniel 12:4 – The little book is here referenced and refers to the book of Daniel which the text says is to be closed UNTIL the time of the end. Question: When is the time of the end?
- Daniel 8:17 – The verse says the vision refers to the time of the end. Question: What vision refers to the time of the end?
- Daniel 8:14 – The verse says the sanctuary will be cleansed after 2300 days which a day in prophecy equals a year. Question: When does the vision begin so we can determine when it ends and know when the time of the end is so we can know when the little book will be opened?
- Daniel 9:24-27 – Here we find that the 70 weeks are cut off from the previous vision of the 2300 days and that it begins with the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem which history attests was in 457 B.C. Therefore the 2300 days began in 457 and add 2300 to this and you come to 1844. Now we know when the time of the end is, 1844. (Note the time of the end began in 1798 but the vision referred to this time period which in this case was in 1844.)
- Revelation 10:11 – Based on what we have read, this bitter-sweet experience would occur around 1844 when the little book was opened. History attests to how all around the world, people expected Jesus to come in 1844, and yet because they thought the sanctuary in Daniel 8:14 was this earth, they misinterpreted the passage. But after the great disappointment (bitter-sweet experience), a few who later would become known as Seventh-day Adventists went back and learned the true meaning of the text which was that the judgment of God’s people began in 1844. Thus Revelation 10:11 says they were to prophesy again and verse 11 uses the same language as what we read in Revelation 14:6 which introduces the messages of the 3 Angels.
- Revelation 14:6-12 – Thus we find our story in Revelation 10 and our mission here in chapter 14 verses 6-12. Truly the judgment has come as Daniel 8:14 predicted and as Rev 14:7 states. We must now herald these 3 Angel’s messages as urged in Rev 10:11.
In the news:
1. This Sabbath we will continue our series on the 3 Angels with a message entitled, “The Warning.”
2. The Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner program for Sabbath has been canceled. Thank you to those who did sign up but due to not enough participants, the social committee elected to cancel for this Sabbath. If you signed up, please make other arrangements for Sabbath.
3. This Sunday at 8 AM, the school will have its annual work bee. We are excited that there are last I heard 103 students registered to attend this year. The work bee will help get everything spruced up for the first day of school on Tuesday.
4. Men’s ministry will have their breakfast and Bible study this Sunday at 8:30 AM at the church fellowship hall.
5. Shirley Walter’s Memorial will be this Sunday at 4 P.M. at the church. The family will receive loved ones and friends from 2-4 P.M.
6. We are sad to announce that Dr. Paul Green passed away peacefully in his sleep this past Wednesday morning. There will be a private service in NC at a later date.
7. Adventurer registration is this Monday evening (Aug. 8) at GAA during Parent night. If your family homeschools, please contact Katrina Robinson at 423-747-2007 to register.
8. Pathfinder registration packets will be available to be picked up at the GAA registration on the 8th. The first meeting is Thursday, Aug 18 at 6 PM in the Pathfinder room – this will be an orientation meeting for parents as well, so a parent needs to attend.
9. Church Finance Committee will be this Tuesday evening at 6 P.M. at the church fellowship hall.
10. Church Board will be this Tuesday evening at 7:15 P.M. in the church fellowship hall.
11. Please bring a dish and join us next Sabbath, August 13 for a special church-wide farewell luncheon as we share our last Sabbath with you.
12. You are all invited to a farewell reception next Sunday, August 14 from 1-4 p.m. in the church fellowship hall as we say goodbye to our dear church family.
13. I wanted to share a resource called Masterpiece Bible with you that I have found helpful. The gentleman producing these videos is an Adventist and has some very helpful insights into Scripture and Bible study. I have been blessed by what I have seen. Here is a sample video.
14. As I shared above, we had a wonderful church camp out at Cades Cove last weekend. Here are some pictures taken by some of those who came.
In His Service,