Dear Church Family,
You know that Satan will come in to deceive if possible the very elect. He claims to be Christ, and he is coming in, pretending to be the great medical missionary. He will cause fire to come down from heaven in the sight of men to prove that he is God. We must stand barricaded by the truths of the Bible. The canopy of truth is the only canopy under which we can stand safely.
White, E. G. (1932). Medical Ministry (pp. 87–88). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This weekend we have the church camp out. Please NOTE THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CHANGES. We will have vespers tonight at 8 P.M. at camp sites B5 & B7. It will prove an easy walk for campers. Then morning bike ride will be at 6:45 A.M. in the morning assuming no rain. Then worship will be at the missionary Baptist church along the loop though if the group is small enough and prefers we may move to campsites B5 & B7. Note if you are coming for the day, check with us at camp site Kevin Rojas @ B3, Pastor Nate @ B38, or Pastor Jeremy @ B40 first before going to Mission Baptist church. SS will begin at 9:30 A.M. instead of 10 A.M. Church will be at 10:30 A.M. Then potluck will be at noon at camp sites B5 & B7. We will have vespers Sabbath evening at camp sites B5 & B7. Here is a PDF of the program.
2. We will still have services at the church this Sabbath. Milton Siepman will be sharing the morning message this Sabbath.
3. Mid-Week Bible study will continue this week via ZOOM with a study of Mark 2 at 7 P.M.
4. Next Sabbath, August 6 we will have Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner. We hope you will contact the office this Monday or leave a message there over the weekend and let them know whether you would like to be a host or guest so we can have a large number participate. It’s a wonderful way to get connected with each other and grow closer. It basically means hosting a dinner for a surprise couple or family based on number of guests you request or as a guest to go to a surprise home. You receive the directions after church service. Please contact the office today!
5. A memorial service has been planned for Shirley Walters and will be
Sunday, August 7 at the church at 4:00 p.m. The family will receive friends from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the church.
6. A while back Pastor Nate & I visited Norm Draper and noticed his front porch was in bad need of repair. We contacted Andrew Peret, our men’s ministries leader and they got right on it. They coordinated with the First Baptist Church Ramp ministry that does this as a ministry and together a ramp was put in place for Norm! Thank you to our men’s ministry & First Baptist Church Ramp Ministry for making this happen. We gave an awesome church family. Click here for a slideshow!
7. We will have a church wide fellowship dinner on Sabbath, August 13 as Tina and I share in our last Sabbath with our Greeneville church family. Hope you can plan to attend.
8. A farewell open house reception has been planned for Sunday, August 14 from 1-4 P.M. in the church fellowship hall where we can share our farewells as we prepare to transition to South Bay SDA church in Chattanooga. All are invited to attend.
In His Service,