Dear Church Family,
It is true that spiritualism is now changing its form and, veiling some of its more objectionable features, is assuming a Christian guise. . . While it formerly denounced Christ and the Bible, it now professes to accept both. . . Love is dwelt upon as the chief attribute of God, but it is degraded to a weak sentimentalism, making little distinction between good and evil. God’s justice, His denunciations of sin, the requirements of His holy law, are all kept out of sight. – GC 57-58
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will conclude our series on Genesis 1-11 with a look at the story of the tower of Babel.
- Steve Rawling with Leading to the Light ministry will be presenting the mission outreach for the children of Thailand and Myanmar during the vesper program this Sabbath at 7:30 p.m. Plan to attend and hear of this exciting work with pictures and stories to warm the heart.
- We concluded our mid-week study on Zechariah this week and will begin a new series next week on the book of Mark. The study will still be via ZOOM and will meet at 7P.M.
- This Sunday, Men’s ministry will have breakfast and Bible study at 8:30 A.M. in the church fellowship hall. Among other things, they will be discussing plans for an exciting ministry opportunity.
- I will be away on vacation beginning this Sunday through the 19th. Our family is planning to bike C&O Canal Trail / Great Allegheny Passage which begins in Pittsburgh & ends in Washington D.C.
- Next Sabbath, we will have a special guest speaker, Miller Mendes from Adventist World Radio. This service will feature rich stories of how God is working around the world through radio.
- Remember our church camp out is July 29-31. Make reservations now if you haven’t done so already.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,