Dear Church Family,
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will resume our series in Genesis with a message entitled, “Remember the Rainbow!”
2. Pastor Nate & I will be at minister’s meetings in Lexington, KY this coming Sunday through Wednesday.
3. There will be no mid-week study this week but we will resume on Wednesday, June 29. We will then finish up the book of Zechariah.
4. I am sad to report that Barbara Roberts, a long-time member at Greeneville, passed away yesterday after complications resulting from her recent surgery. Please keep George Roberts and their daughter, Becky in your prayers. Their contact information can be found in the church directory.
5. A baby shower is being planned for Ashley Koskovich on Sunday, June 26 at 11:30 a.m. at Parrottsville Park, 2015 Old Parrottsville Hwy., Parrottsville TN. For more information, pick up a flyer in the lobby.
6. A young adult in our church community, Raimey Talbert, has recently gained custody of her two minor cousins. One is 14 and the other is 2 months. She could use some help in collecting all sizes of diapers and wipes as well as gift cards to Walmart, Amazon, or any other useful store in town. Please help her to feel loved during this time while she is taking on a great challenge. You can drop off donations to the Cradle Roll Sabbath School room or to Kim Shumaker (423-707-4114) or Stacey McDonald (423-329-9119). They will make sure that these get to her. Also if you would like to include a note of encouragement that would also be greatly appreciated. The collection time frame is from now until June 26.
7. The 3rd annual GAA yard sale is scheduled for Sunday, June 26. They are now collecting donations. Please gather your unwanted, clean (in working order) donations including toys, furniture, sports equipment, tools, outdoor gear, and kitchen/housewares and bring them to the GAA gym. Donations will be accepted on the following dates: June 20-23 (M-Th), 1-6pm; June 24 (F), 10-2pm. For times outside of that, contact Lee Elliott at 937-305-8126, Anne Andrus at 423-615-403-2954, or call the school office at 423-639-2011.
8. The memorial for Shirley Walters has been scheduled for Sunday, August 7 at 4 P.M. The family will receive loved ones and friends from 2-4 P.M.
9. Looking ahead:
- Sabbath, June 25 – AYA Old Timey Music with Dan Sanford
- Sunday, June 26 – GAA Yard Sale
- Sunday, July 3 – Men’s Ministry Breakfast / Bible Study
- Sabbath, July 9 – AWR Sabbath
- Sabbath, July 9 – AYA Old Timey Musical
- July 18-22 – Vacation Bible School
- July 29-31 – Church Camp Out Make your reservations now.
- Sabbath, August 6 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
In His Service,