Dear Church Family,
As we anticipate General Conference session and as we consider the times in which we are living, let us remember the following counsel. Let us remain united in the work even though at times such unity may seem to operate more slowly than we prefer. God will see his church through to the end.
She also writes in 9T 257-259 –
Oh, how Satan would rejoice if he could succeed in his efforts to get in among this people and disorganize the work at a time when thorough organization is essential and will be the greatest power to keep out spurious uprisings and to refute claims not endorsed by the word of God! We want to hold the lines evenly, that there shall be no breaking down of the system of organization and order that has been built up by wise, careful labor. License must not be given to disorderly elements that desire to control the work at this time.
Some have advanced the thought that, as we near the close of time, every child of God will act independently of any religious organization. But I have been instructed by the Lord that in this work there is no such thing as every man’s being independent. . . .
The spasmodic, fitful movements of some who claim to be Christians are well represented by the work of strong but untrained horses. When one pulls forward, another pulls back, and at the voice of their master one plunges ahead and the other stands immovable. If men will not move in concert in the great and grand work for this time, there will be confusion. It is not a good sign when men refuse to unite with their brethren and prefer to act alone. Let laborers take into their confidence the brethren who are free to point out every departure from right principles. If men wear the yoke of Christ, they can not pull apart; they will draw with Christ.
Some workers pull with all the power that God has given them, but they have not yet learned that they should not pull alone. Instead of isolating themselves, let them draw in harmony with their fellow laborers. Unless they do this, their activity will work at the wrong time and in the wrong way. They will often work counter to that which God would have done, and thus their work is worse than wasted.
Testimonies for the Church (Vol. 9, pp. 257–259). (1855). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
1. This Sabbath we will have a special worship service as we say farewell to our graduating seniors. Randy Nomura will be sharing the morning message.
2. We will have AYA this Sabbath which will feature a sing-along with Dr. Bill Chunestudy, who is coming as the guest conductor for the weekend. He has led the students in music clinics over the past three years and you are invited to sing-along or come and enjoy listening to the music and devotional message at 6 P.M. Sabbath evening. Music is available via email or hardcopy by contacting Ms. Anne. Text or email at 615-403-2954 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. LIVE STREAM has been rescheduled for Sunday, June 12. We will combine the two age groups on June 12 due to the rain forecasted for the May 22 date.
4. We will resume our mid-week service this Wednesday at 7 P.M. via ZOOM. We will be studying Zechariah chapter 8.
5. Next Sabbath we will be celebrating Piper Barrett’s baptism during the worship hour. All are invited.
6. Pastor Nate Nelson, our new associate, plans to be unloading his moving truck here on Monday, May 30 at 9 A.M. He needs three young men who would be willing to help for 2 or 3 hours. You will be paid for your time. If you are able to do so, please contact him directly at 423-488-8068.
7. We will have a music committee meeting on Thursday, June 9, at 6 P.M.
- May 29-June 4 – Carolina Camp Meeting
- June 1-June 4 – Georgia-Cumberland Camp Meeting
- Sunday, June 5 – Men’s Ministry Breakfast / Bible Study
- Sabbath, June 11 – Pastor Nate’s first Sabbath
- Sabbath June 11 – AYA will feature AFM Missionaries
- Sunday, June 12 – Live Stream (70+ yr olds)
- Tuesday, June 14 – Dinner with the Doctor
- Sabbath, June 25 – AYA Old Timey Music with Dan Sanford
- Sunday, June 26 – GAA Yard Sale
- Sunday, July 3 – Men’s Ministry Breakfast / Bible Study
- Sabbath, July 9 – AWR Sabbath
- July 18-22 – Vacation Bible School
- July 29-31 – Church Camp Out Make your reservations now.
- Sabbath, August 6 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
In His Service,