Dear Church Family,
In the news:
1.This Sabbath Pastor Jared will be sharing the morning message with a sermon entitled, “We Know It When We Hear It.”
2. AYA had to be canceled for this week.
3. Ron Turk’s celebration of life service will be this Sunday at the church with visitation from 1-2 p.m. and the service at 2 p.m. A graveside service will follow at Graceland Memorial Gardens.
4. A collection bin has been placed in the church lobby whereby you can contribute to the upcoming GAA mission trip to Bolivia. The items that they need are listed in the graphic below. Note that donations will be collected for the next few weeks.
5. We will have an in-person church finance committee meeting this Monday evening at 6 P.M. at the church.
6. We will have an in-person church board meeting this Monday evening at 7:15 P.M. at the church.
7. I received an email and call this morning from Dr. Rachel Nelson, a pediatric physician, who alerted me to two bills (Bill HB2451 by Rep Terri Lynn Weaver/SB2360 by Sen. Janice Bowling & Bill HB2835 by Rep John Ragan/SB2696 by Sen. Janice Bowling) that are being considered by our state legislatures in the coming days. Evidently, the American Academy of Pediatrics is fighting this vigorously but when you look at the proposed bills, they are really a means of protecting parents’ rights and the innocence of children. Please read this letter from Rachel which has more information and also includes handy form letters to use for email when contacting your state representatives. Please contact them today while we still have time. This is a very urgent matter.
8. OUR FIRST LIVE STREAM gathering will be Sunday, March 20 at 4:30 P.M. at our home. Those who are ages 20-49 and their children are invited to join us for food and fellowship in the front yard by the stream. If you would like to bring something for the meal, a salad of some kind would be welcome. Stew, cornbread, dessert, & drink will be provided. RSVP is preferred but not required. Also if you like, bring something to roast marshmallows with and a camp chair. The future gatherings will be Sunday, May 22 at 4:30 P.M. and will be for those ages 50-69. Then the last group will be Sunday, June 12 at 4:30 P.M. and will be for those ages 70 and above.
9. I am sad to share that Inga Horton passed away this past Wednesday. Her arrangements are as follows: The service will be at 2 P.M. on Sunday, March 20 with visitation from 12-2 P.M. Both visitation and the service will be at our church.
10. This Wednesday at 7 P.M. via ZOOM, we will continue our study of Zechariah with a look at chapters 1 & 2. We will also seek to address some of the questions brought up in our last study.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,