Dear Church Family,
Perhaps many of you are familiar with this picture. It hung in a home where Ellen White would visit from time to time, and family and friends both shared how she would often comment on how this picture most closely resembled the person of Jesus as she beheld Him in vision. What a beautiful moment that will be when our eyes are able to behold Him face to face!
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will continue our series in Genesis with a message entitled, “The Way.”
2. All are invited to Paint Creek for the rebaptism of Eduardo Prada Jr. this Sabbath at 4:30 P.M.
3. Some may be wondering how they can give to support Ukraine. Here are a couple of options. Outpost Centers International and ADRA are both Adventist ministries that are working to help alleviate the suffering.
4. This coming Tuesday, March 8, GAA will be having their annual International Food Fair at the school gymnasium from 5:00-6:30p.m. Come out and enjoy the fun and fellowship as you sample delicious food from a variety of countries! Proceeds will help support their history trip next fall.
5. This coming Wednesday at 7 P.M. we will begin a new study on the book of Zechariah via ZOOM
6. Just a reminder that our first LIVE STREAM gathering will be Sunday, March 20 at 4:30 P.M. at our home. Those who are ages 20-49 and their children are invited to join us for food and fellowship at our home in the front yard by the stream. If you would like to bring something for the meal, a salad of some kind would be welcome. Stew, cornbread, dessert, & drink will be provided. RSVP is preferred but not required. Also bring something to roast marshmallows if you like and a camp chair. The future gatherings will be Sunday, May 22 at 4:30 P.M. and will be for those ages 50-69. Then the last group will be Sunday, June 12 at 4:30 P.M. and will be for those ages 70 and above.
7. Our church campout at Cades Cove is scheduled for July 29-31. Make your reservations early as sites are already filling up and remember we usually congregate around the A & B sites.
8. The Church Retreat at the Oaks is scheduled for April 15-16. Melody Mason who is the prayer coordinator for United in Prayer at the General Conference will be our guest speaker for the weekend. Melody has also authored two popular books, Daring to Ask for More and Daring to Live by Every Word.
9. Remember to mark your calendars for April 21-23 and plan to attend the Serpentine Prophecy series. These nightly presentations will be at 7 P.M. and will involve an engaging video presentation and Bible study. This is an excellent outreach event and something you can feel good about bringing your friends from the community to.
10. Remember to also mark your calendar for our special International Sabbath celebration on May 7. This will include a parade of nations as well as an amazing fellowship dinner.
11. Thank you to our Social Committee for the fellowship we enjoyed last Saturday night. We had a great gathering with young and old alike. It was also nice to enjoy fellowship lunch together last Sabbath! What a blessing!
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,