Dear Church Family,
Do not try to compel each other to do as you wish. You cannot do this and retain each other’s love. Manifestations of self-will destroy the peace and happiness of the home. Let not your married life be one of contention. If you do, you will both be unhappy. Be kind in speech and gentle in action, giving up your own wishes. Watch well your words, for they have a powerful influence for good or for ill. Allow no sharpness to come into your voices. Bring into your united life the fragrance of Christlikeness.
White, E. G. (1952). The Adventist Home (p. 107). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1. The church board met Wednesday night via ZOOM to discuss the recent spike in COVID cases at the school and church. It was voted to have Sabbath School & Church be online only this Sabbath in an effort to halt the spread as best we can in our church & school family. The link for Sabbath School & Church can be found on the church website (Greenevilleadventist.org) .
2. Sabbath School will begin at 10 a.m. via ZOOM with a lesson study. While our teachers won’t have anything online for children, parents are welcome to utilize some of the resource at StartingwithJesus.com.
3. We will transition into the worship hour after Sabbath school with a worship service.
4. The Pathfinders’ Drive Thru Dinner fundraiser is scheduled for Sunday, February 13 from 5:30-6:30 P.M. Please place your orders by Thursday, February 10. It’s $8 dollars a person. Order forms are available in the foyer and can also be accessed by clicking here.
5. The Adventist Book Center will be here this Sunday from 10-11 A.M. in the church parking lot.
6. This Sunday evening, there will be a music committee meeting at 7 P.M. via ZOOM.
7. This Wednensday at 7 P.M., we will continue our study in James with a look at James 3. Our study will be done via ZOOM.
8. The church office was closed this week due to COVID but we anticipate it should be open next Wednesday & Thursday from 9-3 P.M.
In His Service,