Dear Church Family,
In the news:
1. This Sabbath we will begin a new sermon series in Genesis. The series will only look at the first 11 chapters. This Sabbath we will contemplate creation. The story of the whole Bible is typified in many ways in these few short chapters. These eleven chapters are so needed and relevant in these last days.
2. This Saturday night, January 22 at 5:30 p.m., the G.A.A. seniors will be leading AYA at the school gym. After sundown a baked ziti supper will be served; proceeds will help support the senior class trip to the Grand Canyon. Following supper, we will play volleyball.
3. This Sunday at 2 p.m. there will be a memorial service at the church for Sharon Turk. She passed away Thursday morning at the hospital. Her family appreciates your prayers. Elder Ken Coonley will be coming up from Florida to speak for her memorial.
4. Elder’s meeting has been moved to ZOOM due to COVID concerns. The meeting will begin at 7 pm via ZOOM. Elder’s should watch their email Sunday for the ZOOM link.
5. Lavada Bolton, a member for many years at Greeneville, passed away on January 10. There will be no formal services. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.kiser-rosehillfuneralhome.com.
6. Remember we are studying the book of James each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. This week we will pick up at verse 14 in chapter 2.
7. As we plan our calendar for this year, I wanted to invite you to save a date for an upcoming event we are calling “LIVE STREAM.” Tina and I would like to invite our church family out to our home to enjoy some food and fellowship by the stream in our front yard. We have elected to divide the gatherings up into three groupings based on the age of the person who is the head of the household. Here are the dates and age groupings (remember children are invited to attend as well with parents). Hope you will mark your calendar and plan to come. Watch for more details. Sunday, March 20 at 4:30 pm will be for those ages 20-49. Sunday, April 17 at 4;30 p.m. will be for those ages 50-69. Sunday, June 12 at 4:30 p.m. will be for those ages 70 and above.
8. The Church Retreat at the Oaks is scheduled for April 15-16. Melody Mason who is the prayer coordinator for United in Prayer at the General Conference will be our guest speaker for the weekend. Melody has also authored two popular books, Daring to Ask for More and Daring to Live by Every Word.
9. Our church campout at Cades Cove is scheduled for July 29-31. Make your reservations early and remember we usually congregate around the A & B sites.
10. Social Committee has planned for a church social for Saturday night, February 26. There will be food and creative games planned at the school gym.
11. Sabbath, May 7, has been designated International Sabbath. It will involve a parade of nations and a special worship service as well as a fellowship meal with authentic international cuisine. This is always a real treat. Our social committee will be coordinating the event.
12. August 6 will be our Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? Sabbath. This event is always fun as we build new connections in the church family and develop and deepen relationships.
13. Social committee has planned for Sunday, September 25 (Oct 2nd alternate date) for a barn party to be held under our new pavilion. More details will be forthcoming.
14. We have a youth-led Bible prophecy series scheduled to take place between Oct 23 and Nov 19.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath.
In His Service,