Dear Church Family,
“The Lord calls for a decided reformation. And when a soul is truly reconverted, let him be rebaptized. Let him renew his covenant with God, and God will renew His covenant with him…. Reconversion must take place among the members…” Evangelism, 375. 2
In the news:
1. Tonight, Pastor Skeete will share a message again at 7 p.m. at the church.
2. Pastor Skeete will be sharing the message again this Sabbath. We will also celebrate the rebaptism of 5 individuals as they recommit their lives to the Lord. The names of those being rebaptized are Gary Brown, Carol Haney, Lance Henderson, Chuck Reese, & Deborah Hawkins. We have at least two others who are planning to study for baptism which will be celebrated at a later time. Praise God!
3. Sabbath evening will have our final meeting with Pastor Skeete at 7 p.m. Certainly his time with us has proved a blessing.
4. While we were small in number, those of us who participated in the leaf pick-up organized by Pastor Jared had a good time. I know one of the gentlemen I spoke with was so grateful as he said he was afraid they would cause him to fall as he used a walker and such.
5. If you or someone you know would like to purchase a set of DVD’s of the series with Pastor Randy Skeete, please contact the office with your order. Remember that all the presentations can also be accessed via the studythebible.net website along with additional resources.
6. This Sunday, the finance committee will meet at 8 a.m. via ZOOM for a budget meeting.
7. Please note that the office will be closed this coming Thursday for Thanksgiving! Please have any bulletin information to the office by Tuesday.
8. There will be a Sabbath School council meeting on Monday, November 29 at 6 p.m. via ZOOM.
9. The finance committee will have a meeting on Tuesday, November 30 at 6 p.m. via ZOOM.
10. The church board will meet on Tuesday, November 30 at 7:15 p.m. via ZOOM.
11. The following members are being recommended by the church board to represent us at the upcoming Conference Constituency meeting at GCA on May 1, 2022. This is where representatives from the churches gather from all over the confernce to vote the conference leadership and any changes to the conference constitution and by-laws. Here are the proposed representatives including alternates: Jeremy Arnall, Jared Callaway, Larry Boughman, Mike Odell, Kevin Finley, Carl Ashlock, Sabrina Kennedy, Randy Nomura, Kirstin Elliott, Kim Shumaker, Eduardo Prada, Mark Murray, Katie Wilson, Dan Thomas. The proposed alternates are: Andrew Peret, Anne Andrus, & Rhoda Kanna.
12. Willie Barrett hasn’t been able to attend church for some time and we all miss his presence from week to week. But we enjoyed some time with him this past Wednesday and hearing stories from his younger years. Willie used to get up each morning at 4 a.m. as a boy and milk 21 cows before leaving for school. He grew up here in eastern TN.
In His Service,