Dear Church Family,
Given what we have been hearing preached these past two weeks, I think this quote is rather fitting:
Many take it for granted that they are Christians, simply because they subscribe to certain theological tenets. But they have not brought the truth into practical life. They have not believed and loved it, therefore they have not received the power and grace that come through sanctification of the truth. Men may profess faith in the truth; but if it does not make them sincere, kind, patient, forbearing, heavenly-minded, it is a curse to its possessors, and through their influence it is a curse to the world.
The righteousness which Christ taught is conformity of heart and life to the revealed will of God. Sinful men can become righteous only as they have faith in God and maintain a vital connection with Him. Then true godliness will elevate the thoughts and ennoble the life. Then the external forms of religion accord with the Christian’s internal purity. Then the ceremonies required in the service of God are not meaningless rites, like those of the hypocritical Pharisees.
White, E. G. (1898). The Desire of Ages (Vol. 3, pp. 309–310). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
- Please join us tonight for night 15 as we contiue in our series with Pastor Skeete. We have some wonderful guests coming. I hope you have had a chance to get acquainted with these wonderful people.
- This Sabbath, Pastor Randy Skeete will again share with us for the worship hour as we continue in our Heart-to-Heart Teachings of Jesus. We will also enjoy music from GAA as we worship together.
- Remember that www.StudytheBible.net has all of the messages from our series archived. Please use this to share wth others these powerful messages.
- The Riverview Community church and Greeneville church will be in the community on Sunday, November 14. Meet at the AMC Movie Theater at 1:30 p.m. for instructions. Everyone, regardless of age, is invited to participate. Please bring yard tools for this event.
- A meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 29 at 6 p.m. via ZOOM.
- We will have a church finance committee meeting on Tuesday, November 30 at 6 p.m. via ZOOM.
- Due to our nightly series with Pastor Skeete, our board meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 30 at 7:15 p.m. via ZOOM.
- The finance committe has a budget meeting scheduled for Sunday, November 21 at 8 a.m. via ZOOM. Please remember that if you are a leader of a ministry in our church and need to request changes to your funding, please submit your request before then and give that request to Carolyn at the office or to Ken Mathews.
- Please note that if you ever have need to use Powerpoint at church when speaking or leading out on Sabbath morning or for a program at church, please submit your file before the service. The A/V team has set up an email where you can send such files ahead of time. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org This will help things to run more smoothly on Sabbath mornings and other church programs.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,