Dear Church Family,
Independent men of earnest endeavor are needed, not men as impressible as putty. Those who want their work made ready to their hand, who desire a fixed amount to do and a fixed salary, and who wish to prove an exact fit without the trouble of adaptation or training, are not the men whom God calls to work in His cause. A man who cannot adapt his abilities to almost any place if necessity requires is not the man for this time. Men whom God will connect with His work are not limp and fiberless, without muscle or moral force of character. It is only by continued and persevering labor that men can be disciplined to bear a part in the work of God. These men should not become discouraged if circumstances and surroundings are the most unfavorable. They should not give up their purpose as a complete failure until they are convinced beyond a doubt that they cannot do much for the honor of God and the good of souls.
Testimonies for the Church. (1855). (Vol. 3, p. 496). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.Tonight we continue in our series with Pastor Randy Skeete! I think I speak for all those I have visited with so far at the meetings when I say that these are proving to be an incredible blessing. We have had pretty good attendance each night with a handful of guests from the community coming as well but so wish more could be there as this is such rich feasting on the Word of God each night. We have two more weeks left. Remember if you miss a night, you can catch up on previous presentations as well as the live stream by visiting www.studythebible.net
2. This Sabbath, Pastor Randy Skeete will be speaking for the worship hour.
3. This Sabbath is the last day to donate to the Christmas toy drive. Your donations can be placed in the boxes at the front and rear of the church.
4. The finance committee budget meeting has been rescheduled for Sunday, November 21, at 8:00 a.m. via ZOOM. If you are a ministry leader and need to make an adjustment to your budget for 2022, please submit your stated need to the church office before the 21st.
5. The ABC bookmobile is scheduled to be in our church parking lot this Sunday from 10-11 a.m.
6. A fund has been established at our church to assist with the rebuilding of the Riverview church. If you would like to make a contribution, just mark your tithe envelope, Riverview Building Project.
7. Sunday, November 14, from 1:30-3:30 We invite ALL ages to join Seventh-day-Adventists from our community in helping to rake/blow leaves to the streets of Greeneville for pickup. Pray with community members and help hand out literature in this important outreach event!
8. Jenny Jones, daughter of Sherry Conner had a mass in the brain removed this week and still has one or more to remove at a later time in her chest. She will be going to stay with her mom to recuperate when she is released from the hospital. Jenny is 4 months pregnant so please keep her, the baby, and the family in your prayers. Sherry is asking if anyone has a twin bed they could donate or loan, she would appreciate it as she needs a place for Jenny to sleep when she comes home.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,