Dear Church Family,
My friend Alistair Huong over at Audioverse shared a blog post this week that was so powerful I wanted to share it here. He also shared links to two messages by Eugene Prewitt & Don Mackintosh that I believe were very balanced, powerful and needed today. Please check out Alistair’s blog and give the mesages a listen. Eugene Prewitt’s talk, “Liberty, Opportunity, andn Responsibility,” is only 17 minutes long and just sums up the issues so nicely and succinctly. Very well thought out and reasonable. Don Mackintosh’s sermon, “Go Show Yourselves to the Priests,” is a Bible study that brings out some worthwhile points for our consideration as well. I pray they are as much a blessing for you as they were me.
Here’s the link to Alistair’s blog post, entitled, Esteem Others Better.
In the news:
1. The church board voted to have Sabbath school & church indoors tomorrow due to inclement weather.
2. This Sabbath, our youth will be leading out in the morning worship. Ellie Rose Emde will be sharing the morning message with a sermon entitled, “Follow the Leader.”
3. Tomorrow’s fellowship meal will be in the fellowship hall and they are asking that we bring either soup, salad, or sandwiches to contribute. They are also asking that everyone please wear a mask when going through line and use hand sanitizer. Also they ask that you use a new plate if going back for seconds and please help smaller children as we seek to keep everyone safe.
4. AYA will be this Sabbath at 7 p.m. with Caleb Runne & family sharing about their upcoming mission work in Nicaragua with Adventist World Radio.
5. There is a work bee this Sunday at 9 a.m. at Erin Smith’s home. Please bring garden rakes & seed spreaders as we prepare her hill for seeding.
6. There will be a memorial service for JL Gudger this Sunday at 3 p.m. at Kiser-Rose Hill funeral home next to the church. Visitation will be from 12:30 – 3 p.m. with sharing of memories beginning at 2:15 p.m. Donations may be made to the Riverview SDA Church in lieu of flowers.
7. We have 10,000 invitation cards to be distributed over the next two weeks. We ordered 1000 but the printer accidentally added a zero. We trust that God uses circumstances like these for His divine purpose so please pick some up tomorrow and help us get the word out. There will also be a mailing to 10,000 homes and an ad will run three separate times in the paper. We are also advertising on Facebook. Multiple exposures to the advertising increases the response rate but the most effective invitation is a personal one. So by God’s grace, let’s pray for the interests to come Friday, October 29 at 7 p.m.
8. With Randy Skeete’s meetings just two weeks away, we are looking for volunteers to assist by serving as row hosts and greeters. We have had several respond so far but still many have not. Please indicate how you would like to be involved by filling out the bulletin insert this Sabbath and turning it in to the office or offering plate.
9. Remember that the CSC Christmas toy drive is underway. If you would like to participate, please bring a new toy and place it in one of the donation bins at the front and rear of the church. If you would rather write a check, please make a check out to the CSC and mark it toy drive in the memo line. They need all donations in by November 6.
10. Pathfinders will do another Drive-through Dinner fundraiser on Sunday, October 31 right before the Randy Skeete meeting. Fill out your menu and turn it into the box in the lobby by Thursday, October 28. Meal pick up will be from 5:30 – 6:30 behind the church. Thank you for supporting our ministry. Hope to see you there!
11. Evangelism subcommitte will meet this Wednesday at 8:05 p.m. via ZOOM.
12. Our mid-week Bible study will meet via ZOOM this Wednesday at 7p.m. for a look at chapter 4 of Galatians.
13. The Dietrichs informed me that there is a great need for funds for the drought that CHAD is experiencing. You can contact help bring relief by directing funds to Desert Tree Ministry or contacting the dietrichs for more information.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,