Dear Church Family,
May we avoid either ditch:
The papacy is well adapted to meet the wants of all these. It is prepared for two classes of mankind, embracing nearly the whole world—those who would be saved by their merits, and those who would be saved in their sins. Here is the secret of its power.
White, E. G. (1911). The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan (Vol. 5, p. 572). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue with our series with a message entitled, “Closer than Before.”
- There will be no AYA this week.
- There will be a memoiral service for Garland Hawkins this Sunday at 3 p.m. at the church.
- Those who ordered fruit from the Pathfinders can pick up your fruit this Monday at 9 a.m. at the back of the church.
- This Tuesday, there will be an evangelism subcommittee meeting via ZOOM at 7 p.m.
- The CSC is holding a Christmas toy drive for the underpriveleged children in our area. If you would like to participate, please place a new toy in the donation bins located at both entrances of the church. The drive ends on November 6.
- Please note that Sabbath, October 16, we will have Sabbath school and church under the new pavilion. We will also enjoy a fellowship meal together after the worship hour. See the church bulletin for more details.
- We were sad to hear that Carolyn Gudger-Pierce’s daddy, JL Gudger passed away this past Tuesday evening. His services will be at Kiser-Rose Hill funeral home on Sunday, Oct 17 at 3 p.m. with graveside to follow the service. Visitation will be from 12:30-3:00 p.m.
- We are lining up advertising for our upcoming prophecy series with Randy Skeete which is set to begin Friday, October 29. Remember that these meetings will be nightly through November 20. Please prayerfully consider who you would like to invite. We will be mailing invites to 10,000 homes and running ads in the newspaper. The series will be held in our church. Invite cards should be available a week in advance. Here is a picture of the card so you can know what’s coming.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,