Dear Church Family,
O how privileged we are that we may come to Jesus just as we are and cast ourselves upon His love! We have no hope but in Jesus. He alone can reach us with His hand to lift us up out of the depths of discouragement and hopelessness and place our feet upon the Rock. Although the human soul may cling to Jesus with all the desperate sense of his great need, Jesus will cling to the souls bought by His own blood with a firmer grasp than the sinner clings to Him.
White, E. G. (1964). That I May Know Him (p. 80). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will resume our series on John with a message entitled, “How to Remain in the Faith.”
2. There will be no AYA this Sabbath.
3. The memorial for Matt Smith is this Sunday at 3 p.m. at Camp Rockmont in Black Mountain, NC. Click here to RSVP and click here for directions and more information about the service. All are invited.
4. There will be a school board meeting this Monday evening at 6 p.m.
5. We will continue our study of Galatians this coming Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. The study this week will pick up with chapter 2 vs 11.
6. There will be a service for Garland Hawkins on Sunday, October 3 at 3 p.m. at the church.
7. Here is a presentation on COVID & the vaccine by Dr. Neil Nedley that was shared with me and I thought you might appreciate. Here too is a very enlightening & helpful presentation by Medcram answering several of the common questions regarding the virus and the vaccine.
8. There is a man who works with Jonathan Dietrich on several things, including a church plant. They have two kids. Jonathan would like to put a bicycle for this family’s children on the container for Desert Tree Ministry that we are packing. Does anyone in the church have a 24″ bicycle they would be willing to donate to this family? Thank you!
9. In this episode of Greener Pastures, we return to our Gardening with Carl Series to take a look at his Fall Garden.
In His Service,