Dear Church Family
From the light that God has given me, I know that men’s great danger is in being self-deceived. Satan is watching his chance. He will come to men in human form, and will speak to them most entrancing words. He will bring against them the same temptations that he brought against Christ. Unless their minds and hearts are filled with the pure, unselfish, sanctified love that Christ revealed, they will fall under Satan’s power, and will do and say and write strange things, to deceive, if it were possible, the very elect.…
White, E. G. (1982). The Upward Look (p. 295). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news;
1. This Sabbath we will celebrate the Lord’s supper together with COVID precautions in place meaning social distancing at the footwashing between chairs and the emblems will be served in individual packages. Given all the chaos and conflict in society, what a beautiful ceremony to share in.
2. I will share the message this Sabbath with a message entitled, “In Jesus Name.”
3. AYA will be at 7 p.m. this Sabbath with Dan Sanford leading out in an ole timey music vespers program.
4. Due to a teacher testing postive at the school with COVID, the school board voted to hault in person learning until Sept 20.
5. There will be a church finance committee and church board this coming Monday evening via ZOOM. Finance is at 6 p.m. and board at 7:15 p.m.
6. Our study in Galatians continues this Wednesday at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. This week we will look at chapter 2.
7. Mark your calendar for September 17-18 when on Friday night at 6:30 p.m., we will hear a message from Dr.Norman McNulty at the church. Then Sabbath morning, Dr. McNulty will share at 9:30 a.m. and during the worship hour. He will be speaking to the topic of “Righteousness by Faith.” Then this Sabbath afternoon at 3:30 p.m., he will address current events in light of Bible prophecy.
8. Remember that we have Dinner with the Doctor this coming Tuesday. The title of the prsentation is Toughen up! Fall Prevention Deserves Your Attention at 6:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary. The presenter will be Dr. Diane Coffey, PT, DPT, CHT
9. Jerry Krentz has been weened off oxygen and his kidney function has returned to normal. He has had one miracle after another and it looks like he should be able to have a full recovery.
10. Sheryll Morrison lost her son tragically today in a motorcylce accident. Please keep her in your prayers.
11. Jeannie Kretchmar has surgery this evening to replace her hip after breaking it earlier today.
12. As I referenced in my sermon last Sabbath, Pastor Myer’s shared a sermon a couple of weeks ago that I highly recommend. This week I wanted to share a panel discussion he had last weeknd with three of our religious liberty directors which was excellent. And lastly, he gave a very helpful and relevant message on the term pharmakia in Revelation 18:23. It’s a nice follow up to his first message.
In His service,