Dear Church Family,
Let us take note:
When probation ends, it will come suddenly, unexpectedly—at a time when we are least expecting it. But we can have a clean record in heaven today, and know that God accepts us; and finally, if faithful, we shall be gathered into the kingdom of heaven.
White, E. G. (1958). The Faith I Live By (p. 215). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will have Jonathan Dietrich sharing with us for the worship hour. He is soon to return to CHAD for missionary service and we are honored to have him share with us this Sabbath.
2. Thank you for all the cards and prayers on behalf of Tina and our family after losing her step-dad to COVID last week. It means a lot.
3. We will take a look at Religious Liberty this Sabbath for AYA with a panel discussion led by Ken Mathews. Speaking of religious liberty, this is an excellent article that the Southern Union put out a few months ago as a special addition of their Waymarks Religious Liberty Newsletter. You can hear the concern and appeal in the tone of the letter. I hope you can find time to read it as I believe it represents a serious matter in the church today.
4. There will be no fellowship dinner this Sabbath as we have decided to table the matter (pun intended) until the board meets in September.
5. GAA will have their international food fair fundraiser this coming Tuesday from 5-6:30 p.m. at the school gym. Tickets may be purchased at the door and or you can purchase a to go box.
7. The Adventist Book Mobile will be here this Sunday from 10-11 a.m. in the church parking lot.
8. This coming Wednesday we will begin a new mid-week study on the book of Galatians. All are welcome to attend via ZOOM at 7 p.m.
9. Chuck Reese’s wife Mary, passed away yesterday. Please keep Chuck and the family in prayer. The family will receive friends at our church this Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Then a memorial service will be held in the sanctuary at 2:30 p.m. at our church. The graveside will occur later in the week and those details will be made available when we have them.
10. The Adventurer club will have a meeting tomorrow at 2 p.m. at the church and then a picnic and induction service at 5:30 p.m. under the church pavilion. Then on Sunday they will have a meeting at 10 a.m. at the church.
11. Just learned this afternoon that the NE TN Campmeeting was canceled due to COVID. That said, hopeful we can have Dr. McNulty still speak at our church that weeknd. Watch for more information on this.
12. On a lighter note, I am feeling old. Our son Jason was typing a letter this week and I realized he wasn’t putting two spaces after a period. I asked him if his typing program mentioned it and he said no. Then I looked online only to realize that the practice of placing two spaces after a period is a relic that was left over from the days of typewriters and that now Microsoft Word, as of last year, is beginning to highlight the mistake when two spaces are used. In case you are wondering, I used two spaces in this document and honestly, not sure how I am going to change this habit. Yet from what I read online, it makes me look dated. Hope this information is helpful!
In His Service,