Dear Church Family,
May we not forget:
As the veil which conceals Christ’s glory from our view is drawn aside, the Saviour is shown to be in His high and holy place, not in solitude, careless and indifferent to our needs, but surrounded by thousands and thousands of holy angels, each one of which has a commission to fulfill for the blessing of humanity.
White, E. G. (1982). The Upward Look (p. 280). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the News:
1. Pastor Jared will be sharing the message this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “In Defense of Jonah.”
2. AYA this Sabbath will be at 7:30 p.m. at the church and will feature Paula Haynes who will share an inspiring report on educational outreach in Southeast Asia.
3. The church office will have new office hours beginning Wednesday, September 1: Monday/Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.; Tuesday/Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
4. The bulletin states there will be fellowship dinners beginning next weekend but please disregard as we have decided to wait until our next church board first. With the recent increase in COVID cases, we feel it prudent to have the church board review the situation first to determine how to proceed.
5. We will resume with our study in Hebrews this coming Wednesday evening via ZOOM at 7 p.m.
6. Please continue to keep the Hoppe Family in your prayers as they laid Rosella Hoppe to rest this past Tuesday.
7. Please remember the Carlton & Dotson families as Linda & Keith’s daddy passed away this past Tuesday after a long bout of deteriorating health.
8. Tina and our family will be away this weekend to attend the memorial for her step-dad who passed away this past Tuesday from COVID. Thank you for your prayers.
9. Let’s remember our Riverview family as they are trying to comprehend the reality of what happened this past Tuesday afternoon. No doubt this will be a lengthy process of rebuilding but I was encouraged Wednesday evening at the prayer service when we heard of their courage and faith in the Lord and trust that God has exciting opportunities ahead for them. Here are some pictures of the scene. I have been told that the fire began when lightening caused a high power line to fall on the roof of the church which led to an electrical fire inside and then the fire couldn’t be put out until the live power line was turned off. But as we heard at the service on Wednesday, the Lord has already opened doors for them. The church nearby that they once helped by having them use their church has now returned the favor and is allowing them to use their church, rent-free until they can rebuild. Here are some pictures that Steve Cohen shared with me of the devastation.
10. The Adventist Book Center bookmobile van will be here Sunday, August 29 from 10-11 a.m.
11. GAA will host their annual international food fair fundraiser on Tuesday, August 31 at 5:6-30 p.m. at the school gym.
12. The Community Services Center is in desparate need of two men to help out with food box preparations the next 4 Tuesdays from 8-12:30. The first two weeks would be for training and the second two would be to cover while the current volunteers take some vacation. She also needs 2-3 women or men who can come in from 6:30-9:30 a.m. to help prep for the food distribution. If you are able to help, please contact Brenda Chalfant. If help isn’t available, they will have to close the food distribution piece on September 7 & 14.
13. In this addition of Greener Pastures, Tina shares with us a recipe for Mullen Tea which is very soothing and helpful when you are down with the cold or flu.
In His Service,