Dear Church Family,
WOW!! Interesting words to consider:
When God’s redeemed ones are called to heaven, they will not leave behind the advancement they have made in this life by beholding Christ. They will go on, learning more and still more of God. They will carry their spiritual attainments into the courts above, leaving nothing of heavenly origin in this world. As the books of heaven are opened, each overcomer is assigned his lot and place in heaven, in accordance with the advancement he has made in this life.
White, E. G. (1982). The Upward Look (p. 248). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will resume our series on John with a sermon entitled, “An Abiding Place.”
2. Jonathan Dietrich and his family will share for AYA this Sabbath at 7:30 p.m. an inspiring report on how Desert Tree Ministry in Chad, Africa is establishing the first publishing house in the Central African Union Mission of five countries. You will hear stories of God’s protection and how God is bringing souls into the
kingdom as a result of literature ministry.
3. The softball game that was planned for Sunday afternoon has been cancelled due to COVID concerns.
4. There will be a church board meeting this Monday evening via ZOOM at 7:30 p.m. The board will review findings and discuss how to proceed in replacing the 4 heat pumps that recently failed at the church. These units were extremely old and we are grateful they lasted as long as they did. If you find certain areas in the church warm, you will know why.
5. The church board met this past week and one of the items discussed was the COVID spread in our midst. It was voted that we recommend and encourage masks and social distancing at this point as a means of trying to help in preventing spread. I learned of another case this week of a member in our church who has tested positive and of a couple other members who are symptomatic and appear to have it. The Adventist church in North America shared the folowing resource back in May with participants that include Mark Finley (retired evangelist), Peter Landless (director of health ministries at the General Conference) and Merlin Burt (Director of the Ellen White Estate). Here is an article that was released that summarizes the above video. Another resource that was shared with me has been around a while but is from Adventist Medical Evangelism Network (AMEN) which several of our church family are members of.
6. Just a heads up that a week from this Sabbath, we will have another mission report for AYA, this time from Southeast Asia with Paula Haynes sharing.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,