Dear Church Family,
Self-denial and the cross lie directly in the pathway of every follower of Christ. The cross is that which crosses the natural affections and the will.
White, E. G. (1958). The Faith I Live By (p. 151). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This Sabbath we will continue our series in John with a sermon entitled, “How to Give God Glory.”
2. AYA will be at 7:30 p.m. this Sabbath and will feature ole timey music with Dan Sanford and Friends.
3. There will be a work bee this Sunday to help clean up and rake around the pavilion. We will begin at 8 a.m. so as to hopefully, finish by around 10 or 11 a.m. before it gets too hot. Please bring garden rakes, pics or hoes, and wheelbarrows, if possible. We need to prepare the area for seeding. Thank you for your help with this.
CHURCH WORK BEE
Sunday @ 8 A.M.
4. Remember that VBS begins this coming Monday evening at 5:30 p.m. You can pre-register your child in the foyer at church this Sabbath!
5. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new church pavillion on Thursday, July 29 at 5:30 p.m. All are encouraged to attend as we celebrate God’s blessings and thank the many entities that worked to make this dream a reality.. The local newspaper will be present to write a story and take pictures.
Thursday, July 29 @ 5:30 P.M.
6. Our health ministries leader, Rhoda Kanna, asked that I share this website with you that can serve as a helpful resource as it pertains to our rights and freedoms surrounding the matter of the COVID vaccination program.
7. The Pathfinders are offering frozen fruits, purees, & jams from Bithell Farms this year. Information is available in the front lobby on the glass table. Fill out the order form and turn in to the church office with payment no later than July 31. Make checks to Greeneville Pioneers.
8. There will be no mid-week Bible study due to VBS next week. We will resume our study on Hebrews on Wednesday, July 28.
9. It is almost time for our annual church camp out at Cades Cove, July 30 – August 1. Click here to be taken to the CADES COVE reservation site. Remember, reservations need to be made soon if you plan to camp as sites are filling up. We usually congregate in the A & B sites as much as possible.
10. I still don’t have the pictures ready to share but here is a scene from the Salt Flats where the boys took turns learning to drive admist the empty expanse. It was an interesting place for sure.
11. In today’s Greener Pastures segment, we take a look at how to make a perfect breakfast treat to have for Sabbath morning!
In His Service,