Dear Church Family,
We are not forgiven because we forgive, but as we forgive. The ground of all forgiveness is found in the unmerited love of God, but by our attitude toward others we show whether we have made that love our own. Wherefore Christ says, “With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged.”
White, E. G. (1958). The Faith I Live By (p. 131). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
1.This Sabbath the youth will be leading out in the worship service. Lillybeth Andrus will be sharing the message this Sabbath.
2. AYA will be at 7 p.m. tomorrow night on the upper ball field behind the church. Please remember to avoid walking around on the lower ball field. The program will feature the investiture of our Adventurer’s and Pathfinders. Bring blankets and camp chairs. See bulletin for more details.
3. We will have a finance committee meeting this Monday eveing at 6 p.m. The church board will follow at 7:15 p.m. Note that both meetings will be in the church fellowship hall and there will be NO zoom option available.
4. The Seniors arrived back from their senior class trip last night. They had a wonderful time visiting the national parks in Utah & Arizona. Here are some pictures from their trip.
5. We have a vespers and supper planned at our home for Sabbath, May 15 at 6 p.m. We will have a bonfire and supper following the service. If you would like to bring something for the supper, a salad of some kind would be welcome. We hope you can join us for this special time. Remember to bring a chair and something with which to roast hot dogs.
6. Don’t forget to make your reservations for our annual church camp out at Cades Cove, July 30 – August 1. Click here to be taken to the CADES COVE reservation site. Remmber, reservations need to be made soon if you plan to camp as sites are filling up. We usually congregate in the A & B sites as much as possible.
7. We had a great time last Sunday learning how to make kites with Elder Carl Ashlock at the church. Pretty amazing.
8. Looking ahead:
May 15 – Vespers / Baptism / Supper at Arnall home at 6 p.m.
May 19 – 8th Grade Graduation at 7 p.m.
May 20 – Senior Graduation at 6 p.m.
May 22 – Senior Baccalaureate
May 22- Darby Jones Concert at 7 p.m. for AYA.
May 29 – Melody Mason speaks for Sabbath morning, afternoon and evening.
June 5 – Adriana Carlton’s baptism.
8. This week in our Greener Pastures segment, we have a recipe for how to make a tasty vegan cheese sauce. Give it a try if you like and see what you think.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,