Dear Church Family,
Our message must be as direct as was that of John. He rebuked kings for their iniquity. Notwithstanding the peril his life was in, he never allowed truth to languish on his lips.…
All can do something in the work. None will be pronounced guiltless before God unless they have worked earnestly and unselfishly for the salvation of souls.
Your duty cannot be shifted upon another. No one but yourself can do your work. If you withhold your light, someone must be left in darkness through your neglect.
White, E. G. (1958). The Faith I Live By (p. 290). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our series in John with a message entitled, “Mercy.” This message will be based on John 8:1-11.
- AYA had to be cancelled for this Sabbath.
- The Adventist Book Center Van will be here this Sunday from 10-11 a.m. in the church parking lot.
- This Sunday from 3-5 p.m., there will be volleyball at the church in the back field. Everyone is welcome regardless of age.
- There will be an elder’s meeting via zoom at 7 p.m. this Sunday.
- Monday we have Finance Committee meeting at 6 p.m. at the church.
- Monday we will have church board at the church at 7:15 p.m. There will be NO ZOOM option available this time.
- This Tuesday we will have another Dinner with the Doctor presentation at 6:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary. The topic will be “I Can’t Feel My Toes!” Neuropathy: How to Decrease Your Chances of Getting It Dr. Jeremy Wetmore will present.
- For any young people interested in a job this summer working with the conference literature evangelism program, please take note of the following opportunity.
- This is a bit late but last month I sat in on a training session with our audio team as they participated in a zoom with the installer of our system. So thankful for all the hard work they’ve put in to improve our A/V program. James Shumaker and his team have been working hard to enhance our live streaming and have recently moved their operation downstairs. They also are streaming on Facebook as well as Youtube now for added reach. Then later in the week they edit the video down to just the message to avoid any copyright conflicts. All this represents a great deal of effort and we greatly appreciate their efforts.
- The students are having a wonderful time and experience in Costa Rica! Please keep them in your prayers as they continue their serve. There was a huge answer to prayer with the rain yesterday. A storm moved through and they had just poured a bunch of concrete. God kept it from raining right over the construction site while it was raining all around it!!!! They are due to return this coming Tuesday. Here are some pictures from their trip thus far. Remember they will be sharing a report of their trip on Friday, April 30 for vespers at the church at 7 p.m.
- Here’s some calendar items you may wish to take note of as we look at the weeks ahead:
- April 17 – Pathfider Sabath
- April 24 – Memorial for Miriam Mathews at 4 p.m.
- April 25 – Girls Tea Party Social at 3 p.m.
- April 30 – GAA Vespers at church at 7 p.m.
- May 1 – Communion Service at 11 a.m.
- May 1 – Dianne Ondrejka’s Memorial at 4 p.m.
- May 1 – Spring Concert & Strawberry Festival at 7 p.m.
- May 8 – Youth Sabbath with Lilly Beth Andrus preaching
- May 8 – Adventurer / Pathfinder Investiture at 6 p.m.
- May 15 – Jason & Jordan’s baptism & vespers at Arnall home
- May 19 – 8th Grade Graduation at 7 p.m.
- May 20 – Senior Graduation at 6 p.m.
- May 22 – Senior Baccalaureate
- May 29 – Melody Mason speaks for Sabbath morning, afternoon and evening.
- Here is this week’s episode of Gardening with Carl.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,