Dear Church Family,
Since “the law of the Lord is perfect,” every variation from it must be evil.
The Faith I Live By (p. 85).
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue in our series, “The Mystery Revealed,” with a look at the last half of John chapter 6.
- Remember we are still trying to raise $5000 more for our church pavilion. A contribution of any size is appreciated.
- This Sabbath our offering is designated for Adventist World Radio. Here is an amazing report from AWR that highlights God’s amazing miracles and the important role AWR is playing in getting the message out.
- The church board met this week and reviewed our COVID-19 policy. While our social distancing and mask requirement haven’t changed for the church and it’s ministry departments, it was voted that singing would resume but with the caveat that masks are to be worn. That being said, song leaders and choirs will not be required to where a mask as long as they are 12 feet from the congregation. As a reminder, we do have an ionizing air filtration system in the church. It was also voted to resume having the children gather the Lamb’s offering during the service and then gather at the front for their story each week. These changes were made in light of the reduced cases in our area and the board will continue to monitor the situation as we go forward.
- Our mid-week study will continue this week with a look at chapter 5 of Hebrews. We have a great group gathering each week via ZOOM and you are welcome to join us.
- Just a note that we are also livestreaming on Facebook now, but due to copy right issues, the services won’t be archived on Facebook but the messages will be stored on our church Youtube channel. Thank you to James and the team who are working hard each week to make this a reality.
- A memorial service for David Vest is being planned for Sabbath afternoon, March 27 at 5 p.m. at the church. All are welcome to attend.
- Suzie Scott is in ICU in Johnson City after suffering some complications while awaiting her surgery. She fell a while back and it was discovered she had multiple fractures in her tibia bone and must have surgery. Please keep her and Eilene in your prayers.
- Thank you for those who have volunteered to help follow up on leads. We continue to receive new leads each week and are grateful to have a growing army of volunteers who can quickly follow up on the requests. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Pastor Jared.
- AYA is planning to start back up this April. Watch for more details to come.
- Health Ministries invited Dr. Daniel Lewis to share what I thought was a helpful presentation on the COVID vaccines this past Tuesday at the church and regardless of your thoughts on the issue, I think you will find it of interest. Also, here is a helpful article from the Southern Tidings that summarizes the church’s position on this matter of the COVID vaccine. The church’s statement sums it up nicely when it states: “The decision to be immunized or not is the choice of each individual, and should be taken in consultation with one’s health-care provider …. We ultimately rely on following biblical health practices and the Spirit of Prophecy, and following God’s leading in our lives, which will bring us peace and assurance in our decision making.” Therefore as a church family, please let us exercise great caution and sensitivity, that when this topic comes up, we remember that this is a personal matter and should remain as such.
- Here’s another installment in our Gardening with Carl series.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,