Dear Church Family,
Words worth pondering:
In every generation God has sent His servants to rebuke sin, both in the world and in the church. But the people desire smooth things spoken to them, and the pure, unvarnished truth is not acceptable. Many reformers, in entering upon their work, determined to exercise great prudence in attacking the sins of the church and the nation. They hoped, by the example of a pure Christian life, to lead the people back to the doctrines of the Bible. But the Spirit of God came upon them as it came upon Elijah, moving him to rebuke the sins of a wicked king and an apostate people; they could not refrain from preaching the plain utterances of the Bible—doctrines which they had been reluctant to present. They were impelled to zealously declare the truth and the danger which threatened souls. The words which the Lord gave them they uttered, fearless of consequences, and the people were compelled to hear the warning. GC 606
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our look at the book of John.
- Just a note that we as a church still need to raise $4800 dollars for the pavilion to meet our goal of $30,000.
- I saw this quote this week in a piece of mail that came to the office. Not sure who said it but wanted to share it with you as I think it’s helpful to not only refer to those who come to our church who aren’t members as guests instead of visitors, but we must remember to make every effort to go out of our way to treat them as such as well.
- The Church Finance Committee will be meeting this Monday evening at 6 p.m. via ZOOM.
- We will have a church board meeting this coming Monday evening at 7:15 p.m. via ZOOM.
- This Tuesday, March 9, Health Ministries will continue their “Your Health” Lecture series with a presentation by Dr. Daniel Lewis. His topic will be: “Vaccination: How, Why, and Why Now.”
- Please remember to keep the family of David Vest & Gloria Conte in your prayers as both passed away yesterday moning.
- Are you familiar with the statistics as shown in the following two graphics. While these aren’t stats specifically for our church, they are worthy of notice. As we all know, children learn more from example than declaration. They say that it takes three months to establish a habit. With COVID lasting as long as it has, it appears likely that church attendance in America will continue it’s decline. Yet if ever we needed faithful attendance that we may encourage and exhort one another, it is now as we see the day approaching. See Hebrews 10:25.
- We are still looking for more volunteers to follow up on the leads that are coming in daily now. If you are interested, please contact Pastor Jared and he will email the information to you and share names with you. Here’s a document that will demonstrate how simple it is to follow up on these Bible study interests. Please note that the approach, at least in the beginning, will most likely be online or via phone with a possibility of meeting in person later. If youth wish to participate, I would encourage parents to team up with them as a means of training and equipping our youth for evangelism. This affords a great training opportunity for parent and youth to learn and grow together in front line evangelism and there is no cost or travel involved. All leads are local.
- Here’s part two in the gardening with Carl series that we are sharing online. You can check our church Facebook page as we continue to add content. Please help us share this content by reposting and hitting the like button.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,