Dear Church Family,
No human invention can find a remedy for the sinning soul.… The fountain of the heart must be purified before the streams can become pure. He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility. There is no safety for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness. The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old, but a transformation of nature. There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether. This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit.
White, E. G. (1958). The Faith I Live By (p. 55). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
- We will resume our series on the book of John this week with another look at John chapter 5.
- This Sunday, remember that pick up for the valentines dinner baskets will be from 5;30-6:30 p.m. behind the church. This is a Pathfinder fundraiser.
- Our study on the book of Hebrews will continue in chapter 2 next Wednesday at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. We had great discussion and study this past week on just a few verses and thus we are still in the 2nd chapter.
- A church business meeting has been called for Tuesday, February 23, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will involve reviewing the church board’s proposal to move forward with construction of the church pavilion. Details regarding the construction, cost, and location will be discussed and a vote will be called for. The pavilion promises to be a real asset to our church and its ministry and we value your input as we prepare to move forward. Due to the magnitude of the project and its impact on our campus, we wanted to give the body a chance to weigh in before construction begins.
- Just a reminder that we have plans for Elder Randy Skeete this coming fall for a nightly 3 week prophecy series. The dates are Oct 29-November 20.
In His Service