Dear Church Family,
May we not forget the reason for the calamities we see in the news from week to week.
The restraining Spirit of God is even now being withdrawn from the world. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these. The signs thickening around us, telling of the near approach of the Son of God, are attributed to any other than the true cause. Men cannot discern the sentinel angels restraining the four winds that they shall not blow until the servants of God are sealed; but when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture. 6T 408
In the news:
- This Sabbath, prayer ministries will be leading out in the service and Elder Carl Ashlock will be speaking on the theme of prayer.
- Tina and I attended one of the small groups that has been meeting weekly at the Richard’s home. It was such a blessing and reminded me of the power of small group fellowship.
- The Adventist Book Center bookmobile will be here this Sunday, January 31st from 10-11 a.m. in the church parking lot.
- Our mid-week study on the book of Hebrews will continue this Wednesday at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. We will be looking at and discussing chapter 2.
- If you are wanting to help your young one learn to have a daily devotional walk with Jesus, here is a daily (Sunday-Friday) devotional podcast geared for kids! Listen to stories, read the Bible, learn hymns and memory verse songs. Learn more about Jesus and how He wants to be your best friend! You can check out the Seedpod podcast by clicking here.
- Next Sabbath, February 6, we will celebrate communion together. It’s been over a year since we shared in this sacred service. We will be taking extra precautions because of COVID to help prevent any kind of spread. The juice and wafer will be packaged individually and distributed at the doors when returning from the footwashing. We also will have the entire length of the fellowship hall dedicated to couples for footwashing with spacing between seats. And then the youth room and Earliteen & Junior rooms will be utilized for the women and the men.
- We will have another health lecture at the church on Tuesday, February 9 at 6:30 p.m. Walt Cross will be presenting a talk entitled, “The Immune Depressor.”
- The Pathfinders are having a fundraiser February 14. They will provide romantic Valentine meal baskets for pick up (see the insert in this week’s bulletin for the menu options). Please take the menu home and fill out the menu for each person in your order and drop by the office next week. They need all orders by Wednesday February 10. Pick up will be at the back of the church, February 14 from 5:30-6:30. Thank you for supporting our Pathfinder club.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,