Dear Church Family,
Certainly this week’s attack on the capital and the stories surrounding it have been most disturbing to say the least. As the heart of man becomes more and more corrupt in these last days, I am reminded that our focus and attention must be kept upon that which is holy and righteous. For by beholding we become changed and just as Lot’s wife was turned to a pillar of salt, our minds will be turned to evil if we dwell upon the violence and rhetoric that so pervades the media and social networks.
Notice the following counsel from the book The Faith I Live By, page 350. In speaking of Enoch, she writes: He lived in a corrupt age, when moral pollution was teeming all around him; yet he trained his mind to devotion, to love purity.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will resume our series on John with a message entitled, “Telemedicine.”
- There will be a baby shower this Sunday for Pastor Alex & Suranny Sarria and their soon to arrive baby boy. Due to COVID, this will be a drive through event from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the back of the Greeneville church. A request was made for diapers of different sizes and wipes. They are registered at www.amazon.com/baby-reg/3VNY95JDRFUGI
- We will have an Elder’s Meeting this Sunday evening at 7 p.m. via ZOOM.
- Finance Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. via ZOOM this Monday evening. A link will be emailed to committee members on Monday. Note there will not be an in person meeting. It will be only available via ZOOM.
- The church board will meet this Monday at 7:15 p.m. via ZOOM. Again, a link will be emailed to all board members on Monday as this will be a ZOOM only meeting.
- Dinner with the Doctor will be this Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary. The title of the presentation will be “Optimal Immunity: How to Achieve It” and will be presented by Walt Cross, BS with Arvo Kanna, M.D.
- Please remember those in our church family who have COVID. Marcellus & Phyllis Rogers both have COVID but his case is much worse. He’s still in the hospital and has developed pneumonia. His case is very serious. Also, remember Judy Payne who is in the hospital with COVID. Alfred & Kelly Payne have COVID as well. Oliver Odum is improving as is Kim Shumaker.
- Many of you know Dr. Stephen Bauer who has spoken for I believe a couple of time out at the Oaks for us. He is a religion professor at Southern and sadly lost his 35 year old son this week. Please keep the family in your prayers as they grieve this sudden and unexpected loss. The arrangements can be found by clicking here.
- Here is a helpful video that Dr. Harry Nelson shared with me that gives some helpful direction on what to do should you become infected with COVID.
In His Service,