Dear Church Family,
Happy New Year!!
The old year, with its burden of record, is fast passing away. The new year, with all its possibilities, will soon be ushered in. What advancement have we made in the knowledge of Christ during the past year? Are we prepared to show, more decidedly than ever before, that we are on the Lord’s side? At this time, when the nations of the world are wavering between infidelity and idolatry, are we prepared to stand as faithful ambassadors for Christ? Shall we not, at the beginning of this new year, give ourselves and all we have to God? Shall we not listen to His voice, which calls us to a renewed contest, to a more thorough consecration of ourselves and our intrusted capabilities to His service? Signs of the Times, January 2, 1901
As we begin this year together, may God lead and guide us that we may be faithful to our calling.
In the news:
- This Sabbath, Pastor Jared will be sharing the morning message which he has entitled, “Hindsight is 2020.”
- Our mid-week study will resume this coming Wednesday at 7 P.M. via ZOOM as we work towards completing our study on the book of Romans. All are welcome.
- The school board voted last night to delay Christmas break by 1 week due to COVID precautions. Thus school will resume on Monday, January 11.
- There will be a baby shower for Pastor Alex and Suranny Sarria and their baby boy on Sunday, January 10, as a drive through from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. A request was made for diapers of different sizes and wipes. Please call the office to confirm your participation in the drive through. They are registerd at www.amazon.com/baby-reg/3VNY95JDRFUGI
- Thank you for all those who prayed for Anna Perez’s brother Raul who was kidnapped earlier this week. He is with family now and safe.
- Please help get the word out: “Optimal Immunity: How to Achieve It” presented by Walt Cross, BS with Arvo Kanna, M.D. on Tuesday, January 12, at 6:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary.
- $11,057 has come in thus far for the picnic pavilion. A minimum of $25,000 needs to be in place before construction begins. Simply mark your tithe envelope Annual Christmas offering to have your gift go towards this effort.
- The Diectrich’s granddaughter in Chad has a fever and vomiting and is being treated for Malaria. She is only 14 months old. Please keep her in your prayers.
In His Service,