Dear Church Family,
“Instead of releasing man from obedience, it is faith, and faith only, that makes us partakers of the grace of Christ, which enables us to render obedience.” SC 60
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will continue with part II in “The Mystery Revealed” series.
- We will have our online Sabbath School class option for those not able to attend services. You can participate in the ZOOM Sabbath School or watch the streamed version of Sabbath School and church.
- This Sunday at 3 p.m. there will be a youth get together for grades 5-12 at the church with volleyball, pizza and worship.
- School Board will meet this Monday evening in the school library.
- This Tuesday we have a finance committee meeting at 6 p.m. and the church board will meet at 7:15 a.m. Please note that we will be meeting in the fellowship hall, but masks are required for all those attending in person. We will have a ZOOM option for those unable to meet in person.
- We will continue with chapter 10 in Romans this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. All are welcome to attend.
- The daily email that I send out for the Testimonies with the link for that day’s reading has suddenly quit working. The site that I have used for the materials has evidently decided to start the program over and has removed many of the pages. You can use this site to continue reading or listening and remember that the plan involves reading roughly 10 pages a day. While our family, like several of you, is behind, we are still enjoying reading through them together, though at a slower rate. I know of at least two individuals who have already completed the whole set.
- A reminder that next Sabbath, October 24, at 3 p.m., GAA will present a sacred concert on the soccer field by the school, weather permitting. All are invited to come and enjoy the various musical selections presented by our students.
- Liz Holt has been moved from ICU into a room. She is currently not responding.
- Mary Covil is back in the hospital and appreciates your prayers on her behalf. She was tested for COVID but it came back negative today so maybe she will be able to return home soon. Please keep her and Liz in your prayers as well as the individual in our church who has COVID. (see below)
- One of our members has COVID and while they are home in quarantine, we want to remember that this disease is still very present in our community and we must not weary in being vigilant to protect one another as best as possible. This member was not at church Sabbath and when they were around others they wore a mask so we are hopeful that it didn’t spread.
- Daria, Elizabath and Oliver Odum’s daughter called this week to say how much they appreicate the love and support of our church family. She said Elizabath is doing well as she continues to recover from her surgery..
In His Service,