Dear Church Family,
“There is not a point that needs to be dwelt upon more earnestly, repeated more frequently, or established more firmly in the minds of all than the impossibility of fallen man meriting anything by his own best good works. Salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ alone.” Faith & Works p 18.
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will begin a new sermon series on the book of John entitled, The Mystery Revealed. In this series we will seek to better understand the mystery of God as revealed in the book of John.
- Remember we have an online ZOOM option for Sabbath school for those not able to attend in person. You can join by clicking on the above link at 10 a.m. this Sabbath morning.
- As I shared in the church cast yesterday, after failed attempts to reach Liz Holt, an officer was sent to check on her. They found her lying in the kitchen floor where evidently she had collapsed having suffered what we understand was a severe stroke. She is currently in ICU but unable to respond to commands. She does have voluntary movement in her legs. She is in a very serious condition and needs our prayers.
- Ann Siepman had a successful operation on her hand this past Monday and is home recovering.
- Our mid-week study will continue this coming Wednesday with a look at the 2nd half of Romans 9.
- A youth social for grades 5-12 has been planned for this Sunday with pizza, worship, and a volleyball game. Contact Pastor Jared for more details.
- Due to fall break, the church finance and church board meetings have been rescheduled for Tuesday, October 20 at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. respectively.
- GAA would like to invite everyone to a sacred outdoor concert on the GAA soccer field on Sabbath afternoon, October 24 at 3 p.m.
- The nominating committee is progressing nicely in its work. Their next meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 26 at 5:30 p.m.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,