Dear Church Family,
These are fascinating times are they not? With the headlines in the news, it certainly reminds us that His coming appears VERY near! Revelation 7:1-3 is of critical importance and may it be that we make certain that we are looking to Jesus through all the commotion, that nothing may detract us from the sealing.
I would encourage you to listen to this presentation by my friend, Dr. Norman McNulty. His conclusion is a good reminder for us to avoid being too closely alligned to any political party.
In the news:
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath and the GAA Advanced Strings will be providing the music during the worship hour.
- You can pick up your new SS quarterlies this Sabbath if you haven’t already done so by visiting the literature room in the foyer.
- There will be a ZOOM option for Sabbath School in the morning at 10 a.m. with Elder Ashlock leading out.
- For those who missed Dr. McKinney’s online memorial service on Sunday, an archived copy of the service may be found here. Let’s remember Phyllis and all the family during this very difficult time.
- Remember that if you ordered fruit from the Pathfinders, it will be ready for you to pick up at the church on Wednesday, October 7, at 9:00 a.m. Delivery will be at the back of the church.
- We got back this week from our time away on vacation. Spending time as a family up in the north country of Minnessota along the boundary waters and then some sightseeing time in Amish country in OH and PA and a few historic sites in MI & VA made for a very rewarding trip. We read together, worked and played together, laughed and talked and just had a wonderful time together. We had some small challenges at times in the Boundary Waters where we stayed for nearly 3 weeks with a leak in one boat that we were able to repair, a few times where we struggled to get to a campsite before it was completely dark, and some nasty encounters with bogs but in the end, the struggles helped make it all the more memorable. Here are a few pictures from our trip:
In His Service,