Dear Church Family,
In my study this week I cam across this statement:
What example do you give your children? What order do you have at home? Your children should be educated to be kind, thoughtful of others, gentle, easy to be entreated, and, above everything else, to respect religious things and feel the importance of the claims of God.
Boys and girls may early reveal deep and symmetrical piety if the means which God has ordained for the guidance of every family is followed in His fear and love. They will demonstrate the value of correct training and discipline. But the impression made upon the mind of children by the words of the teacher of truth is often counteracted by the words and actions of the parents. The susceptible though wayward hearts of children are often impressed by the truth, but often temptations come to them through father or mother, and they fall a prey to Satan’s devices. It is almost impossible to set the feet of children in safe paths when the parents do not co-operate. Evil sentiments, falling from the lips of injudicious parents, are the chief hindrance to genuine conversions among children. CG 498
In the news:
- As many have noticed last Sabbath, our new portable sound system (that replaced what was damaged from the leak) is so much nicer than what we were using. This is just the portable system. Work is still under way to repair and replace what was damaged and correct the lingering sound issues we had with our main system. In a little over a week, we have an expert sound technician coming in from Nebraska to evaluate our sanctuary and with the use of a special computer mapping program, he will determine what would acoustically work best for our sanctuary. Then in time, we hope to have a sound system that works well in our sanctuary long term. Some may question why this is being done since we just had a renovation done not long ago. While it’s a long story, the bottom line is we didn’t end up with what we expected. And when the leak occurred, we elected to rather than patch what we have that isn’t serving us well, to make the necessary changes and updates where necessary to have a quality system. We have a subcommittee working on this current renovation that reports to the church board regularly with updates and how progress is going. We hope to soon have an audio set up where everyone can hear well and clear what is being shared from the front.
- Sabbath I will be sharing the morning message.
- We will stream both Sabbath School & Church via YouTube and beginning with the 1st Sabbath in September, we will offer a Zoom Sabbath school lesson study each week for those not able to attend due to COVID. More details to come.
- This Sunday aftternoon, August 23, Pastor Jared has planned an activity for the youth and their families from 3-5 p.m. See Pastor Jared for more details.
- Monday evening we have a nominating committee meeting beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- There is an evangelism council meeting this Tuesday evening at 8 p.m. via ZOOM.
- We will continue our study on Romans 8 this Wednesdays via ZOOM at 7 p.m.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,