Dear Church Family,
Our church voted in business session this week to maintain our committment that every child in the church have access to an Adventist education. Below is a portion of a statement from Testimonies for the CHurch where she speaks on this subject of worthy student aid:
If there are some who should have the benefit of the school, but who cannot pay full price for their tuition, let the churches show their liberality by helping them.
Besides this, in each conference a fund should be raised to lend to worthy poor students who desire to give themselves to the missionary work; and in some cases they should even receive donations. When the Battle Creek College was first started, there was a fund placed in the Review and Herald office for the benefit of those who wished to obtain an education but had not the means. This was used by several students until they could get a good start; then from their earnings they would replace what they had drawn, so that others might be benefited by the fund. The youth should have it plainly set before them that they must work their own way as far as possible and thus partly defray their expenses. That which costs little will be appreciated little. But that which costs a price somewhere near its real value will be estimated accordingly.
Testimonies for the Church. (1855). (Vol. 6, pp. 213–214). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
- Sabbath School and Church will be streamed on Youtube. For now it is only on Youtube (some folks don’t have FACEBOOK) but we hope to possibly stream to both some day in the future.
- We plan to have an online ZOOM Sabbath School lesson study option available in a week or two. Watch for more details to come.
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “Masks or No Masks”
- There will be no AYA this week.
- School begaan this past Tuesday with a strong start. Precautions are in place for the safety of the children and staff and your prayers are appreciated.
- The school board will meet this Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the school.
- Nominating Committee will meet this Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. in the church fellowship hall. Please turn in your survey’s
- Wednesday evening we will continue our mid-week study on ZOOM as we look at Romans 8. We hope others can join in as we have a wonderful time together each week online with good discussion and content. Romans is a rich study indeed.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,