Dear Church Family,
We stated word are these:
God will give both of you precious victories if you surrender yourselves wholly to Him and let His grace subdue your proud hearts. Your self-righteousness will avail nothing with God. Nothing should be done by fits and starts or in a spirit of rashness. Wrongs cannot be righted, nor reformations in character made, by a few feeble, intermittent efforts. Sanctification is not a work of a day or a year, but of a lifetime. Without continual efforts and constant activity, there can be no advancement in the divine life, no attainment of the victor’s crown. We are doing up work for the judgment, and it is unsafe to work in our own wisdom and trust to our own judgment. With the spirit of self-confidence that you now possess, neither of you could be happy in heaven; for there all, even the exalted angels, are subordinate. You have yet to learn subordination and submission. Both of you must be transformed by the grace of God. 3T 325
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will have services and I have been informed by Brad Robinson, our audio leader that we a much better set up for this Sabbath for our audio needs. The volume should be better and we will have mics available in the aisles like before for those who wish to comment during Sabbath school and prayer time.
- We plan to stream SS and Church again this Sabbath via the church Facebook page.
- There will be no cradle roll tomorrow due to COVID
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with part V in our series on Elijah with a message entitled, “The Effectual Prayer.”
- The board met this week and voted to establish a team of there in charge at the CSC. Brenda Chalfant will be the administrative director, Chuck Reese will be the director of food services, and Linda Carlton will continue to be the director of clothing. We are thankful for this team and the greater team of volunteers that work each week. God has blessed our center and preserved it over the years and we praise Him for it.
- Just a reminder that the school is still looking for donations for their upcoming yard sale set for July 26. Please bring your donations by during regular school hours at the school. Please call first and if Randy isn’t available, you can call Fred Myers. This has real potential to raise monies for the school.
- All the youth are invited to a social event at the church fellowship hall this coming Thursday from 6-8 p.m. There will be food, fellowship and a fun discussion about the do’s and don’ts of communication. Contact Pastor Jared for more information!
- The Pre-Nominating Committee will meet this Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at the church to select the nominating committee. There will be a zoom option for those not able to meet with us at the church.
- We had a great discussion on Romans 5 last week at Mid-Week Bible study and will continue that discussion and study this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. All are welcome to join in.
- The Pathfinders are raising money for their club by selling fruit. If you would like to pick up some fruit, you can grab an order form in the church foyer and turn it in sometime before the deadline. Here is a copy of that order form if you want to take care of it right now.
- Our church camp out is just around the corner. Hope you are able to join us at Cades Cove July 31-August 2. Elder Carl Ashlock will be our Sabbath morning speaker.
- Katrina Robinson is looking for volunteers to help with Adventurers, specifically with the Sunbeam (2nd grade), Builder (3rd grade), and Helping Hand (4th grade) groups. Please call or text Katrina Robinson at 423-747-2007 for more information as the club hopes to begin August 15.
- Walt Cross came by and we filmed a series of short health talks that he recorded for a conference that he is participating in with T. Colin Campbell & Walter Veith among others. Due to COVID-19 and New York’s restrictions, this large conference had to be moved online. It’s exciting how God continues to open doors for this branch of the work.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,