Dear Church Family,
We cannot use the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is to use us. Through the Spirit God works in His people “to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13). But many will not submit to this. They want to manage themselves. This is why they do not receive the heavenly gift. Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given.—The Desire of Ages, 672 (1898).
In the news:
- Sabbath School is back to normal operations for all classes with the exception that Milton’s class is meeting via ZOOM at 9:30 A.M.
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with part 4 in our Elijah series. The message this Sabbath is entitled, “How Long?” Remember that our worship services are streamed and you can access the stream by visiting our church web site and clicking on the brown button, “Live Stream.”
- Dan Sanford and friends will lead out in AYA this Sabbath at 7 p.m. with some good gospel music.
- Our mid-week Bible study will continue this coming Wednesday via ZOOM with our study of Romans. We will wrap up chapter 3 and begin chapter 4. You can access the link via the church website.
- I registered for our campsite this week at Cades Cove for the church camp out scheduled July 31-August 2 and saw that many sites have been reserved in the B section. If you wish to join us in camping, reserve your site now. Elder Carl Ashlock will be speaking for us Sabbath morning at one of the churches along the loop. Note that we will have services for those who don’t attend the camp out at Greeneville as well.
- Sandra Lawing came through her surgery ok and is recovering nicely. Thank you for your prayers.
- The GAA yard sale is scheduled for July 26. The school is presently accepting donations. NOTE that there is a NEW DROP OFF LOCATION which is at the school gym. You can drop it off Monday through Friday from 10-3 though NOT next Wednesday through Friday. Please call Randy Nomura prior to coming to confirm that someone will be there when you arrive.
- It Is Written’s been sharing this week a series entitled, “Take Charge of Your Health.” There are still a few presentations remaining in the series and previous episodes can be easily accessed via their online archive. Please check it out and share with your friends.
- We have begun trying to develop a small group Bible study at our house with some who have shown interest after the meetings. I snapped this picture of the garden after our study last night. We share in popcorn and watermelon and then study the Bible together out under the pergola. Wouldn’t it be exciting if we could have multiple Bible study sites throughout the county in the homes of Adventists as an opportunity for those searching in these difficult times to find answers? Perhaps God would have you to begin one at your home!
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,