Dear Church Family,
I am not sure I had ever heard this song before but I heard it this week and was so touched by it I wanted to share it with you. It’s message seems timely given the loss (I am participating in three memorials this week), cancer, COVID-19, and riots, and the like. I hope it touches you like it did me. When He comes, He will be right on time!!
In the news:
- Here are the arrangements for Sabbath School this week which begins at 9:30 A.M.:
- All the Children’s divisions will have their regular Sabbath School programs this Sabbath.
- Preliminaries will begin at 9:30 A.M.
- There will be a joint lesson study in the Sanctuary led by David Green.
- Ken Mathews will lead his class in a larger classroom in the fellowship hall so as to allow for social distancing.
- For those not able to attend right now, Milton Siepman will lead out in a lesson study via ZOOM at 9:30 a.m.
- Sabbath School Quarterlies can be picked up from the Literature room before Sabbath School starts and 15 minutes after worship service.
- This Sabbath Pastor Jared will be speaking as well as baptizing his son, Gabriel during the worship hour.
- Note that the worship service will be live streamed and can be accessed via the Live Stream button non our church home page.
- No fellowship meal due to COVID-19.
- There will be no AYA this week.
- It was a special evening last night as GAA celebrated their first annual Senior Graduation. We had four seniors and are thankful and blessed to have a full k-12 program in our community.
- GAA will be having a yard sale on July 26 and they are accepting donations at this time. All donations can be dropped off at the Pathfinder room next door to the Community Services Center. Please contact Lee or Kirstin Elliott to arrange for a time for drop off. Also, they are looking for volunteers to help set up on the 26th.
- Diane Emde’s memorial service will be tomorrow at 4 p.m. at the church with live streaming of the service. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- The church camp out is still planned for this summer. Remember that for those who would like to participate, the dates are July 31-August 2. Please reserve your campsite at Cades Cove beginning with the A and B sections.
- Here’s one more presentation that Rhoda, our health ministries leader wanted me to share with you.
- Sandra Lawing requests your prayers as she prepares for surgery next Friday. She is classified as high risk she said and is a little apprehensive but trusting in the Lord. The reason for her surgery is because it was discovered she has uterine cancer. Next Friday is also Shawn’s 23rd birthday.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,