Dear Church Family,
As we see the news unfolding before us, we are reminded of Christ’s soon coming. But let us remember, God is looking for a faithful people. He could have already come by now but His people were not ready. May we learn from our past and earnestly seek Him rather than allow ourselves to be distracted by the news around us. With all the news and commentary on the internet and social media, it is tempting to allow it to direct the thoughts of our lives but we must be vigilant to keep our eyes focused on Christ and His glory. We are counseled:
The mental faculties must be kept under the control of the will and the mind not allowed to wander or become distracted with a variety of subjects at a time, being thorough in none. 4T 414.
Ministry of Healing 246 says:
The power of the will is not valued as it should be. Let the will be kept awake and rightly directed, and it will impart energy to the whole being and will be a wonderful aid in the maintenance of health. It is a power also in dealing with disease. Exercised in the right direction, it would control the imagination and be a potent means of resisting and overcoming disease of both mind and body.
Yes, let us be careful stewards of our minds understanding the promise of Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
In the news:
- This morning I enjoyed sharing a vespers message with the Pasay Central Church in the Philippines where we visited a couple of years ago in a mission trip with It Is Written. I shared via ZOOM at 7:30 a.m. this morning as they are 12 hours ahead of us.
- This Sabbath our services will again be on the telephone and ZOOM. Here is the schedule.
- 9:30 a.m. – Prayer Line
- 10:00 a.m. Sabbath School with Harry Nelson leading out.
- 11:00 a.m. – Worship Time with Pastor Jared sharing the message.
- This Sunday beginning at 7 p.m., a new prophecy series is beginning with Adventist World Radio entitled, “Unlocking Bible Prophecies.” This is a great follow up to our recent Hope Awakens series. I would encourage you to share the information with your friends and neighbors. More information can be found at https://bible.awr.org/
- Dinner with the Doctor will be offered on Tuesday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the church. Note that there will not be a dinner that evening due to COVID-19 but there will be a presentation offered in the sanctuary.
- Remember that our Georgia Cumberland camp meeting is currently taking place online via this link. There are evening presentations at 7 p.m. as well as the Science Zone and crafts for kids.
- Prayer Meeting resumed this week and will continue next week as we continue our study of chapter 2. We meet via ZOOM which can be accessed by our email or the link on our web page.
- Kathy Seeley shared with me that LaVonna Gillham passed away a week ago last weekend. She both taught and served as a principal at GAA for a time back in the 1980’s and was well-loved. Please remember the family in your prayers.
- I learned this week of a special offer at Sam’s Club that some of you may be interested in. If you are not a member but would like to be one, you can join for $45 dollars and immediately receive a free $45 dollar in-store credit making your year membership virtually free. I just wanted to pass along the savings to those who might be interested. Here is a link for the offer.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath.
In His Service,