Dear Church Family,
No doubt this self-quarantine time has disrupted your life and schedule dramatically but hopefully you are beginning to sense some of the very real blessings and opportunities it has afforded you I know our family has enjoyed working on various projects around the house and outside and after some yard work shared in a brief time of rest around the burn pile. I hope you are able to savor these special times with your family during this shelter in place time.
I would like to share a great resource with our families at Greeneville. Paul & Carolyn Raynes have a great website called The Home Place where you can discover lots of helpful wisdom and guidance in childrearing and home management as well as other topics. They also have a Home Place YouTube channel that is helpful for easily picking out what videos you might enjoy watching for inspiration and encouragement It’s well worth looking at. Here is an example of one of their videos.
In the news:
- Mark Murray will be leading out in a Sabbath school study and discussion of the lesson this Sabbath at 10 a.m. on ZOOM. Watch your email for the invite. Note it is the same ZOOM room as last week.
- I will be sharing the message again this Sabbath with a look at the resurrection as recorded in John 20. The service will again be via ZOOM. Here is last week’s message.
- Pastor Jared has another family devotional for this Sabbath which can be accessed here or by viewing below.
- Kindergarten has another program for the kids this week which can be accessed here or seen below.
- Our mid-week study on the book of Romans had a great turn out this week on ZOOM and we shared in some great discussion. I was encouraged to see more participation this week and engagement in the discussion. I think we are becoming more comfortable using this ZOOM platform.
- Training began this week for our HOPE AWAKENS series with It Is Written. We have around 610 churches partnering with IIW in this endeavor with 1300 virtual Bible Workers. Opening night is just one week away and I would remind all our virtual Bible workers to check their email and complete their online training before next Friday. Please let me know if you are not getting your emails from It Is Written so I can make the corrections on Monday. For those who aren’t volunteers but who would like to participate in the series, simply visit HopeAwakens.com and register today. Also, invite your friends and family to join in by signing up. Simply copy the picture below and send them an invite with the link or share via Facebook.
- Just a reminder that each weeknight at 6:30 p.m. there is a prayer line. We will send out the email again today along with a phone call with the number.
- This was an interesting article about Sunday closure laws that was shared with me this past Sabbath. And then the Pope’s interesting remarks about the environment and COVID-19. Indeed, these are interesting times.
- Just a reminder that our spring retreat has been canceled for this year as have the camp meetings that were scheduled this summer and fall.
- Regarding our church camp out as well as our Waldensian tour & play, we will notify you in the coming weeks as to whether we will move forward with it or not. Those dates are still aways off. If you have yet to pay, please hold off on doing so for now and for those who already paid, we will simply hold the money until a final decision is made.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,