Dear Church Family,
From my readings this week:
It is the love of self that destroys our peace. While self is all alive, we stand ready continually to guard it from mortification and insult; but when we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God, we shall not take neglects or slights to heart. We shall be deaf to reproach and blind to scorn and insult. . .
Far better would it be for us to suffer under false accusation than to inflict upon ourselves the torture of retaliation upon our enemies. MB 16-17
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our prophecy series with a look at America in Prophecy with Pastor Marcus. The service will again be streamlined to accommodate the morning message.
- We will have a church-wide fellowship dinner following the worship service. I would encourage you to join us as we fellowship with each other and the guests from the meetings. It’s such an exciting time. Remember we are in need of more volunteers and leaders as we seek to preserve this important ministry in our church.
- AYA will be at 5:30 p.m. this Sabbath and Ken Mathews will be leading out. The question that will be addressed is How do Christians relate to the upcoming Presidential Election? The evening will include a short video chat by Walter Veith on political parties and their aims with a discussion following the short video on how the Bible tells us what is going to happen.
- Everyone is invited to a wedding reception for Patti Cohen & Dr. DeWayne Butcher. The reception will be this Sunday, March 8 at 4 p.m. at the Riverview church. They request no gifts.
- We will resume our mid-week service soon with a new study on the book of Romans. This series will begin Wednesday, March 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the youth room.
- Due to the prophecy meeting schedule, our church board meeting will be this coming Wednesday at 7:15 p.m.
- I am SO EXCITED to report that we have had several requests for baptism and re-baptism so far in this series. Several stated their desire to keep the Bible Sabbath. This can be a very challenging time for some as they wrestle with these decisions and the ramification such choices will hold. Let us lift up these precious souls as they seek to take their stand for Jesus and HIs calling upon our lives. I was inspired by what one guest wrote on that back of their response card: “I’ve never been happier than I am right now! Thank you for all your help.” Praise be to God!
- With the scare over the Coronavirus, health ministries is preparing an upcoming how-to class for the community that will teach ways in which to improve our immunity as we seek to avoid being infected. More details will be forthcoming.
- Carolyn Coolidge, the wife of Bert Coolidge, passed away last week and was laid to rest this week here in Greeneville. The family appreciates your prayers.
- Just a reminder that sign-up is currently taking place for the Waldensian trip planned for the afternoon and evening of Sabbath, August 8. To sign up, please do so by using the clipboard in the foyer. We are looking to see if we have sufficient interest to take the bus. We will leave after church for a picnic, tour and evening play in Valdese, NC. Pricing is $14 dollars for the play and the tour is $10 dollars for adults, $8 for seniors and $6 for students. So the total cost for an adult is $24, seniors are $22, and students would be $20. In order to get a discount on ticketing, you will need to sign up through the church though you can meet us there if you prefer not to ride the bus. You can secure your spot on the bus and the discounted group rate by signing up on the clipboard at church. Only 50 slots are available for the bus. Payment will need to be provided to the church office by Thursday, March 12.
- I found this story from one of our schools in August, GA rather inspiring. They began to tithe on all their fundraisers and the Lord has richly blessed. Here’s their story.
- Looking ahead:
- Tues, March 24 from 5 – 6:30 p.m. – International Food Fair at GAA
- Wed, March 25 from 8-12 p.m. – Kindergarten Round-Up at GAA
- Tues, April 14 at 6:30 p.m. – Dinner with the Doctor
- April 17-18 – Church Retreat at the Oaks
- May 2 – Pathfinder Sabbath
- May 20 – GAA 8th Grade Graduation
- May 21 – GAA Senior Graduation
- May 24-30 – Carolina Camp Meeting
- May 27-30 – GCC Camp Meeting
- June 25-July 4 – GC Session
- July 31 – Aug 2 – Church Camp Out at Cades Cove
- August 8 – Waldensian Tour & Play
In His Service,