Dear Church Family,
. . . from what was shown me, but a small number of those now professing to believe the truth would eventually be saved—not because they could not be saved, but because they would not be saved in God’s own appointed way. The way marked out by our divine Lord is too narrow and the gate too strait to admit them while grasping the world or while cherishing selfishness or sin of any kind. 2T 445-446
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “That Will Be Glory.” The Fletcher Academy Choir & 11th Hour will be here with us for the worship hour as well.
- The fellowship meal tomorrow will be hosted by the Carlton / Smith Team.
- AYA will be at 5 p.m. tomorrow and will feature a Bible Tic-tac-toe game.
- This Sunday at 2 p.m., we will have a memorial service at the church for Charlee Palm. All are invited to attend.
- There will be an elder’s meeting at our home this Sunday evening with a light potluck meal at 5;30 p.m. with the meeting to follow.
- Evan Fox lost his mother to cancer this week and appreciates your prayers. Her service will be at our church on Monday and all are invited. The family will receive friends at the church from 12 – 2 p.m. on Monday afternoon and the funeral will begin at 2 p.m. The graveside will immediately follow at River Hill Cemetery.
- For those participating in the Testimonies for the Church Reading plan, we have our second get together this coming Friday at 5:45 p.m. at the Kretschmar home. We will begin with a light potluck supper followed by a discussion of volume 2.
- Our Revelation Today series is set to begin February 10 at the Crescent School. There will be yard signs available in the foyer this Sabbath and we are asking for those living in the county to please take one or more and help post them around in the county. Please don’t post within the city limits. The brochures should be available by next week to begin sharing with friends and neighbors. The mailing will go out the first week of February.
- Remember the Music Committee will be meeting Sunday, January 26 at 5 p.m. for a light potluck supper and meeting.
- The ABC Bookmobile will be here Sunday, January 26 from 10-11 a.m. for your convenience.
- Brand & Angela Emde began their Diabetes Undone class this past Monday night and had a good crowd with 14 from the community and a total attendance of 21. They are holding the class in the basement of East View Eye Care in this newly renovated room.
- Walt Cross has 33 attending his class at his store, The Mustard Seed, with most being from the community. The church has around 30 attending Optimize the Brain classes on Tuesdays. When you add all these classes together and consider the impact on our community, it’s pretty exciting! It’s nice to have a variety of options for those we want to reach out to with the health message.
- Pastor Jared & I visited with Gladys & Buddy Morgan this week and were encouraged to hear that Gladys has had a successful Chemo treatment and in spite of stage 4 ovarian cancer, she looks to be cleared.
- Pastor Jared’s wife Jean lost an uncle recently and they will be attending the funeral today over in the Knoxville area. This uncle helped raise her for a brief time in her life and thus it’s a real loss for her. Please keep her and the rest of the family in your prayers.
- For those planning ahead, our church camp out will be the weekend of July 31-August 2.
- We are also planning a trip to Valdese, NC to learn about the Waldensians. The date is still being firmed up but should be the last or 2nd to last Sabbath of July. I am waiting to get confirmation from our tour guide. We will leave after church, enjoy a picnic along the way, and later take a walking tour of their history and story. Then we will enjoy an outdoor play that evening about the Waldensians. More information will be forthcoming when we have the date secured.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,