Dear Church Family,
An appeal for our time:
What is our condition in this fearful and solemn time? Alas, what pride is prevailing in the church, what hypocrisy, what deception, what love of dress, frivolity, and amusement, what desire for the supremacy! All these sins have clouded the mind, so that eternal things have not been discerned. Shall we not search the Scriptures, that we may know where we are in this world’s history? Shall we not become intelligent in regard to the work that is being accomplished for us at this time, and the position that we as sinners should occupy while this work of atonement is going forward? If we have any regard for our souls’ salvation, we must make a decided change. We must seek the Lord with true penitence; we must with deep contrition of soul confess our sins, that they may be blotted out.
We must no longer remain upon the enchanted ground. We are fast approaching the close of our probation. Let every soul inquire, How do I stand before God? We know not how soon our names may be taken into the lips of Christ, and our cases be finally decided. What, oh, what will these decisions be! Shall we be counted with the righteous, or shall we be numbered with the wicked? 1SM 125-126
In the news:
- Tonight the orchestra will practice at the church at 7:30 p.m. but you are asked to be there at 7 p.m. to get set up. This is for those who are participating in the orchestra for the worship service on Sabbath, December 21.
- This Sabbath we will celebrate the Lord’s supper together. Let us prepare our hearts for this sacred service. The message for tomorrow is entitled, “A Bit Radical.”
- There will be no fellowship dinner this Sabbath due to the communion set up.
- AYA will be this Sabbath evening at 5 p.m. at the church and will feature the school Christmas program. It’s always a very special concert of praise.
- It’s time to pre-register for the Optimizing the Brain seminar beginning in January. We are asking that you register by December 18 as we need to order materials. There is a sign-up sheet in the church foyer or you can call the church office to register as well. Here is a segment from Dr. Nedley on IIW Canada that gives you a glimpse at some of what will be addressed in this series.
- Our mid-week study on 1st & 2nd Peter will gather again this coming Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. It was a full room last week with rich beautiful singing along with prayer and study. All are welcome.
- I learned the other day of a group that is getting together on Sabbath afternoons for Bible study and I know of another group that is set to begin tonight which includes people from the community. It encourages me to hear of the small groups gathering for study and fellowship. This is vital to a healthy church.
- I met this week with Pastor Marcus Bates to review some details with regard to our upcoming prophecy series in February. Pastor Bates will be sharing the messages for our series beginning February 10. The meetings will be Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and will last for four weeks. I will be contacting many of you in January as we will need many volunteers to serve as table hosts. Please keep this effort in your prayers.
- Jesse Felan Sr had to have a medical procedure done this week in Alabama and appreciates your prayers.
- Hildegard Sandstrom, the mother of Ruth Kamieneski and Jeannie Kretschmar and a member of our church family, passed away on Tuesday at home. There will be no services. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- I visited with Charlie Palm this week who is currently at the Balad nursing home & Rehab off Jones Bridge Road. I know she would appreciate your prayers and visits and should you stop by, remember to say hi to Camby Biddle who also lives there on the opposite wing.
- One of you shared the following video with me this week which offers a fascinating glimpse into where technology is and looks to be moving. Are they correct in their analysis? You be the judge. As the host said near the end, it reminds you of the tower of Babel. Only time will tell but I know this, I take comfort in Revelation 7:1-3 and that Jesus is soon to return.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,