Dear Church Family,
A good quote to remember:
The righteousness by which we are justified is imputed; the righteousness by which we are sanctified is imparted. The first is our title to heaven, the second is our fitness for heaven. FLB 116
In the news:
- This Sabbath we are delighted to have Andy Weaver with us to share the morning message and evening vespers. Andy will tell his story about how he became an Adventist and yet continues to minister to the Amish community. Here is another clip about his story.
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath with the Emde team hosting.
- AYA will begin at 5 p.m. and will feature Andy Weaver and his story from Amish to Adventist.
- Sunday morning those who are on the Finance Committee are asked to meet at the Church Fellowship Hall at 8:30 a.m. to prepare the church budget for 2019.
- The ABC bookmobile will be at the church parking lot this Sunday from 10-11 a.m.
- The school talent show will be this Sunday evening at 5 p.m. in the school Gym. All are invited to attend. There will be a spaghetti supper fundraiser available as well as a silent auction.
- This Monday there will be a “How To” class on gardening in the church fellowship hall. The class will take a look at composting and will feature Dan Thomas as the presenter. The class will be at 6:30 p.m. and everyone is encouraged to bring a friend.
- Dinner with the Doctor will be this coming Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. It was rescheduled from its original time this week due to the snow and cold. Rhonda Malina will be the guest speaker. Again, this is a great opportunity to bring a friend.
- Our study of 1st Peter continues this coming Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Shirley Walters is at Johnson City Medical Center and was able to have her surgery this past Wednesday on her leg. She will be going to Kingsport for rehab soon.
- Sharon Clayburn’s mother fell and also broke her leg last week. Doctors elected not to do surgery as they believe it can heal on its own. Please keep her in your prayers.
- Elizabeth Odum’s surgery went well back in October and she is back home now but has much rehab ahead of her. Not able to have visitors at this time but she is so grateful to be on the road to recovery and for the many prayers from her church family.
- Tina was away last weekend for the pastors’ wives retreat at Cohutta so Sunday morning the boys and I went up on the parkway to Pisgah and rode our bikes over to the Folk Art Center. A beautiful ride even though most of the leaves were gone. Also appreciated the beauty of the snow this week with some of the leftover fall color. Nature speaks of the glory of our God!
In His Service,