Dear Church Family,
As we prepare for tomorrow’s communion service, let us remember that we are not alone in such a service.
When believers assemble to celebrate the ordinances, there are present messengers unseen by human eyes. There may be a Judas in the company, and if so, messengers from the prince of darkness are there, for they attend all who refuse to be controlled by the Holy Spirit. Heavenly angels also are present. These unseen visitants are present on every such occasion. There may come into the company persons who are not in heart servants of truth and holiness, but who may wish to take part in the service. They should not be forbidden. There are witnesses present who were present when Jesus washed the feet of the disciples and of Judas. More than human eyes beheld the scene.
White, E. G. (1898). The Desire of Ages (Vol. 3, p. 656). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will celebrate the Lord’s supper together. May we prepare our hearts for this sacred service.
- There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath due to the use of the fellowship hall.
- The Adventists beliefs class, the Wetmore, Mathews, and Siepman classes will not meet this Sabbath due to the communion service this Sabbath. There will instead be a general Sabbath school class in the sanctuary.
- The Junior & Earliteen Sabbath School classes will gather this Sabbath afternoon at the Wal Mart parking lot to share literature, prayer, and smiles. Please keep their outreach in prayer as they seek to reach out with the love of Jesus.
- AYA this week will be at 7 p.m. and will feature an old-timey musical with Dan Sanford.
- We are nearly two weeks into our 16-month Testimonies to the Church reading plan. We have many who have signed up. For those who are not signed up, here is a link to today’s reading. Let me know if you wish to be added to the daily readings.
- GAA will host a fall festival this Sunday at 4:30 p.m. at the GAA school gym. Tickets will be sold at the door. There will be a homemade lasagna dinner available for purchase along with game and activities.
- The school board will meet this Monday at 5:30 p.m. in the school library.
- Prayer meeting continues this week with singing, prayer time, and study of 1st Peter. We begin a study of chapter 2 this week.
- The online church directory has received some recent updates and is a very useful tool to our members. If you are not familiar with this helpful app, click here to read how to install the app on your phone or click here to learn how to log in online. Contact the church office if you don’t remember the email address you provided the church as you will need to create your log in using that email address. The app is especially useful as it allows you to click on the address to launch the GPS navigation or you can click on the phone number to launch a call or text message. Learn more by watching the following video.
- Just a reminder that next Friday night at 7:30 p.m., we will begin our NE TN camp meeting at the Oaks with guest speaker, Dr. Stephen Bauer. There will be no services at our church next Sabbath as everything will be at the Oaks Retreat Center.
- We had a great turnout for the Dinner with the Doctor this week. The theme was on skin cancer and how to prevent it.
- The boys and I finished building and staining their bunk beds. We stained the lumber with a vinegar/steel wool solution and followed it up with Briwax.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,