Dear Church Family,
Here are 3 reasons why now is a great time to begin this 16-month journey through the Testimonies for the church:
- By joining the email list, you will have easy access every day via your phone to that day’s reading and audio segments making it handy and convenient to know what you need to read that day to stay on track.
- We will share words of encouragement on occasion via the daily email as well as share testimonies from one another regarding how the Testimonies are impacting our lives. If there is interest, we may even have a few get-togethers for those participating to encourage and share regarding the blessings in the journey.
- With only 10 pages of reading or 22+ minutes of listening a day, it doesn’t represent a huge time commitment. Just think, by the end of 2020 you will have completed all nine volumes!
Read chapter 81 of volume 5 of the Testimonies to be inspired for the journey ahead. This chapter speaks directly to how we may grow from the Testimonies for the Church.
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will share the morning message with part 3 in our Behind the Scenes Look at Esther with a message entitled, “For Such a Time as This!”
- Due to the holiday weekend, we won’t have a fellowship meal or AYA this week.
- Remember Sunday morning to check your email if you are reading through the Testimonies with us and signed up. You will have your 1st reading there in your inbox when you wake up!
- Remember that Wednesday we have our weekly prayer meeting at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. It’s a rich time of singing, prayer, and study. Hope you can join us.
- The CSC is needing some help with the following: 1 substitute driver; 2 driver assistants; 6 sort/store workers; and 3 dry goods assistants.
- Our head deacon, Mike Carlton is up in Kingsport at Encompass Health rehab facility but is expected to come home on Monday. He still has some more therapy ahead of him but is making great improvements. I know he appreciates your prayers.
- Wednesday I spent the day along with Brad Emde at the conference office where we met together with others from the executive committee and nominating committee to select the next conference president. The Lord blessed immensely and by 6:30 p.m. or so that evening, a decision was prayerfully made. Elder Gary Rustad, who had been serving as the VP for Administration accepted the position and will be as of September 1, our new conference president. You can read more about this by clicking here. Also, here are some parting words from Elder Ed Wright, our president for 15 years.
- Remember that at next week’s AYA, we will be premiering The Media Mind with Scott Ritsema. You can view the trailer below.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,