Dear Church Family,
I want to be there, don’t you?!
“There are ever-flowing streams, clear as crystal, and beside them waving trees cast their shadows upon the paths prepared for the ransomed of the Lord. There the wide-spreading plains swell into hills of beauty, and the mountains of God rear their lofty summits. On these peaceful plains, beside those living streams, God’s people, so long pilgrims and wanderers, shall find a home.” “There, immortal minds will contemplate with never failing delight the wonders of creative power, the mysteries of redeeming love. There will be no cruel, deceiving foe to tempt to forgetfulness of God. Every faculty will be developed, every capacity increased. The acquirement of knowledge will not weary the mind or exhaust the energies. There the grandest enterprises may be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations reached, the highest ambitions realized; and still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of mind and soul and body. All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of the redeemed.” —G.C. 675,677.
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will share the morning message as we seek to conclude our series, “The Long Journey Home.”
- There will be a fellowship dinner this Sabbath with the Cover/Lowry team hosting.
- AYA will be at 7 p.m. this Sabbath and will feature the “Tell the World” film which tells the story of the great disappointment and our early Adventist heritage.
- Prayer Meeting will resume this coming Wednesday with a new study series on 1st & 2nd In this new series we will be looking at how to become living stones in a dying world. There will be a class at 10:30 a.m. and another class at 6:30 p.m.
- There will be a finance committee meeting this Monday evening at 6:15 p.m. and a church board meeting at 7:15 p.m.
- Those who are making cookies for Raceway Ministries should bring their cookies by the church no later than Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m. Remember that they are asking for two chocolate chip cookies per bag.
- Please remember our Pathfinders and staff as they are gone to Oshkosh next week for the international Pathfinder camporee. There are over 50,000 expected in attendance.
- We have several prayer requests that need our attention:
- Jonathan & Melody Dietrich, son and daughter-in-law of Shawn & Rick, have come down with Malaria. Melody is pregnant with their 3rd child which is due in October and is currently staying with her Mom in the states but Jonathan is still in Chad trying to wrap up some projects. Also remember Melody’s brother-in-law whose family has moved to Chad to help with the ministry has also contracted Malaria and his wife has a sprained or broken ankle.
- Evan Fox’s mother is having surgery on Monday after what appears to be a tumor(s) in her brain. They are going to try and remove the tumor and do a biopsy. Please keep her and the family in your prayers as she undergoes treatment.
- Grace Baxter’s granddaughter Angel who I shared with you went missing as of last Friday was found. They discovered that she was in a safe house and while the family doesn’t know where she is, they know she is safe and getting the care that she needs. Please pray for Angel that she might find hope in Jesus and His abundant love.
- Ron Coonley, son of Ken & Sonja Coonley, is recovering nicely from his surgery. It appears he should have a full recovery from his heart attack that nearly took his life. Elder Coonley is also recovering nicely from his stroke this past May.
- Pastor Alex’s grandfather is in ICU in Columbia and isn’t expected to live long. Pastor Alex left yesterday to go down and be with him. Pastor Alex should be back on Wednesday next week.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,