Dear Church Family,
There is power in song for in singing, we may resist temptation.
With a song, Jesus in His earthly life met temptation. Often when sharp, stinging words were spoken, often when the atmosphere about Him was heavy with gloom, with dissatisfaction, distrust, or oppressive fear, was heard His song of faith and holy cheer. ED 166
In the news:
- We have had a great vacation Bible school this week with roughly 80 kids registered. The closing program is tonight at 6:30 p.m.
- This Sabbath, Pastor Alex will share the morning message entitled, “Adam or Jesus? You Choose!”
- The Cross team will be hosting this weeks fellowship dinner.
- Kaleigh Elliott wants to invite everyone out to her baptism this Sabbath afternoon at 4 p.m. at Paint Creek.
- AYA will be at 7:30 p.m. this Sabbath and will feature Darby Jones and Andrew Schultz of South Carolina. Come enjoy this special sacred concert.
- Pastor Alex & I will be attending ministers meetings at Cohutta Springs this Sunday through Wednesday.
- A reminder that Orchestra Rehearsal is scheduled for next Friday, August 2 at 7:30 p.m. at the church. The orchestra will be playing during the worship service next Sabbath, August 3.
- The Southern Union Conference would like to have 10,000 glow tracks distributed on August 17 at Bristol Speedway. Patty Cohen is asking for volunteers to help with this venture. Meet at the Bristol SDA Church at noon. Children must be accompanied by a parent. For more information contact Patty Cohen at 423-620-9850.
- We had a great church camp out last Sabbath at Cades Cove. Some of us saw 3 bears and 6 tiny cubs on Sunday morning as we rode our bikes.
- AYA next week (Aug 3) will feature Don and Donna Mohl. They have shared their music with us before which features a unique style of musical blends, with both biblical and traditional instruments such as hammered dulcimer, bowed psaltery, zither, mountain dulcimer, mandolin, and guitar. These instruments along with their voices provide a “down-home” family-oriented message of Jesus’ and grace.
- A reminder that the school work bee is scheduled for Sunday, August 4 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. All are invited to participate as we prepare our school for a new year.
- Raceway Ministries is in need of chocolate chip cookies for the upcoming Bristol Speedway race. Two cookies per bag. They are needed by August 14. Contact the church office for more details.
- Wanted to pass along the good news that Ron Coonley had a successful surgery on Thursday and the family appreciates all your prayers on his behalf.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,