Dear Church Family,
Words of wisdom for us to ponder:
The Lord accepts no halfhearted service. He demands the whole man. Religion is to be brought into every phase of life, carried into labor of every kind. The whole being is to be under God’s control. We must not think that we can take supervision of our own thoughts. They must be brought into captivity to Christ. Self cannot manage self; it is not sufficient for the work.… God alone can make and keep us loyal.
In the news:
- This weekend we will have the church campout at Cades Cove beginning with worship tonight at 8 pm. along the loop at the Missionary Baptist Church. A map and schedule can be accessed by clicking here.
- There will be regular services at church this Sabbath as well and Dr. Ken Mathews will be sharing the morning message.
- There will be a fellowship lunch tomorrow following the worship service.
- AYA has been canceled this Sabbath due to the church campout.
- The Meier team is scheduled to host the fellowship dinner this Sabbath.
- Mike Carlton spoke for another “how to” class last night on canning. As you can see several were in attendance.
- For those who missed the Peru Mission Report, you can visit this link to see the pictures. Here is a link to an article on the trip from It Is Written.
- Pastor Alex led out in soccer camp this week. Each morning young people gathered for instruction and play at the GAA ball field. Here are a few pictures.
- VBS is set to begin this Sunday evening at 5:30 p.m. at the church. The theme is Miracles of the Bible. A light supper will be provided each evening.
- Looking ahead, the NE TN Camp Meeting at the Oaks is scheduled or September 20-21. The speaker for that weekend will be Stephen Bauer. Watch for more details.
- The worship service each week is streamed via the internet and this stream can now be accessed on our church web site via the homepage. Our church website is located at greenevilleadventist.org
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,