Dear Church Family,
Our Peru Mission Team arrived safely home in the church parking lot at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. We enjoyed a diverse team with our youngest youth being 13 and our most senior team member being 80 years old. We praise God for the way he blessed at the numerous preaching sites with the many baptisms that followed. We are thankful for His blessing with health and good weather so that around 1800 individuals were served at the medical clinic. It was inspiring to hear how God used the various team members for His glory as they grew in confidence and skill in sharing the gospel through the power of His Holy Spirit! We look forward to sharing with our church family some of the beautiful stories and pictures at AYA on July 13 at 7:30 p.m. at the church. Thank you for all the prayers on our behalf!
In the news:
- Tomorrow is 13th Sabbath and that means some of our children’s divisions will be participating in the Sabbath school program at 9:15 a.m. in the Sanctuary. Therefore all lower division students need to be in their Sabbath School class rooms at 9 a.m. to be ready on time.
- Tomorrow we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper together in our worship service. I will be sharing the morning message this week.
- AYA will be at 8 p.m. and feature a photographic essay entitled, “The Beauty Around Us” by Dustin Neubrander.
- The office will be closed next Thursday due to the 4th of July holiday.
- Note also that we have a new Adult SS option beginning July 6 in the end room of the fellowship hall where the Earliteen room used to be. Jeremy & Marta Wetmore will be leading out in a class designed for parents of elementary and secondary age children.
- Also note that beginning July 6, the Junior & Earliteen classes will meet in the youth room and the youth class will meet in what was the junior room.
- Pastor Alex would like to invite everyone out for Power Week, July 9-12. Each evening from 5:30-:6:45 p.m., you are invited to meet at the church to join in handing out glow tracts and other literature to the community within a 1 mile radius of our church.
- Pastor Alex will be leading out in a soccer camp, July 15-19 at the Big GAA field. This event is designed for school age children grades 1-12 and will take place from 9 to 11:45 a.m.
- Remember we have the church camp out taking place July 19-21 at Cades Cove. Remember to reserve your campsite in the B section ASAP.
In His Service,