Dear Church Family,
Just a reminder of God’s amazing provisions through His Word. We have an ample supply of promises for all of life’s challenges.
By which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 2 Peter 1:4 ESV
In the news:
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “A Glimpse at Glory.” It represents part 12 in our Long Journey Home series.
- There will be no fellowship dinner this Sabbath.
- AYA will be at 7:30 p.m. this Sabbath with Ken Mathews presenting part two of his presentation, “Keeping Your Eyes on Jesus in an Insane World.” The first part will be shared in Sabbath school tomorrow.
- Last night we enjoyed an amazing presentation with Walt Cross on sprouting and the health benefits it offers. It was a fascinating class and though we didn’t have any guests from the community, several of us learned things we never knew before.
- This Sunday, those participating in the church mission trip to Peru will leave the church parking lot at 10 a.m. We will be touring Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu the first few days and then will go to Cajamarca where we will operate a mobile medical clinic with several doctors and medical volunteers while running a 8 day evangelistic campaign at 12 sites. Our team will have around 8 others joining up with us to serve and our church will be covering 8 of the evangelistic sites. We are doing this trip in cooperation with It Is Written. Please keep this effort in your prayers. I will try and send updates.
- Gladys Morgan has recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Please keep her and the family in your prayers.
- Our next Dinner with the Doctor program will take place this coming Tuesday, June 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall at the church. Kevin Rojas, a PA specializing in orthopedics will be presenting on the topic, “Arthritis: The Uncle That’s Not So Swell.” Flyers are available in the church foyer and you can register by contacting the church office.
- Nancy Adams contacted me and asked me to share with you that she is offering seated and foot massages for an introductory price of $10 as well as childcare for children ages 3 and up for those interested. Contact Nancy for more information at 552.7187.
- Shawn Dietrich shared the following with me:
On Tuesday, June 11, 3ABN will be airing an interview with Jonathan and Melody (Desert Tree Ministry). The program (#18085 ) will also include, at the beginning, an interview with Keith and Tammy Mosier. Tammy is Melody’s sister. Keith and Tammy plan to move to Chad next month to help with Desert Tree Ministry. The broadcasts will be at 3:00 pm CT, repeat at 8:00 pm CT, and 11:00 pm CT. (or 4pm, 9 pm and 12 midnight Eastern Time). Go to the 3ABN website: https://3abn.org/ Select “Schedule” in the blue bar at the top:https://r.3abn.org/sched-app/#/ Select “3ABN Today” at the correct time and that should be the program on Congo Frontline Mission and Desert Tree Ministry. It will begin with the Mosiers and Congo Frontline Mission and then transition to an interview with Jonathan and Melody.
- Looking ahead:
- Elder Carl Ashlock will be sharing the morning message next Sabbath, June 15. He and Glenda are the parents of LauraWensell at the school.
- Sabbath, June 15 will feature AFM missionaries who have been working among the Muslim peoples in and around Asia for many years. Come hear the amazing stories of how God is working amidst this people group.
- The ABC will be here Sunday, June 23 from 10-11am at the church parking lot. Food lists are available in the church foyer.
- Communion is scheduled for Sabbath, June 29.
- Please notice that beginning July 6, the Junior and Earliteen SS classes will move into the Youth room and the Youth SS class will move into what is currently the Junior SS class room. Junior and Earliteens have been meeting together for a portion of their SS classes already and this will allow them to continue while pulling the room divider for the rest of the class.
- The above arrangement will also free up the current earliteen room for a new adult SS class led by Jeremy & Marta Wetmore. The class will use the adult SS lesson but will be designed for parents of elementary and secondary children.
- The Church Camp Out is planned for July 19-21. I booked our site this week and hope you will too as they are beginning to fill up in the B section. Visit gov to reserve your spot today.
- Vacation Bible School is scheduled for July 21-26 from 5:30-8 p.m. each evening.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,